Friday, February 18, 2011

Jake, Ride, Upcoming Races

Jake got a little press in the local paper today for being selected as the Rotary Student of the Month (February). It is cool to share it with Hanna as they have been really good friends from the moment he moved to Bolivar (and she is an exceptional kid). As I have said many times before Jake has so many God given talents and he continues to use each in various ways as a quality kid. Deb and I are glad he is going to SBU (living on campus) as it's a perfect fit for him and not too far away from us. I am having a hard time already with the thought of not seeing him on a daily basis in 6 months.

Deb and I knocked out another 3hr Foster/Adoption session last night and it really is an interesting course that has enlightened my perception of 'the system'. I actually look forward to my Thursday evenings with this group. With each class we are more and more convinced God is pointing us in the right direction and has a special kid out there for our family.

Too nice out there today not to hop on the road so 2:20hrs later I returned from a solid tempo ride NE to Goodson, down to Van, and then back home. I am loving this weather! BTW - Yokozuna Reaction system is super slick and smooth; highly recommend it (especially for the price).

If you get the chance here are a couple races of special interest: Frozen Waffle on March 13th in the SGF (sadly the same day and time as Jake's XC Banquet so I won't race) and the MWI Gentleman's non-Race Race on March 19th in the KC area.
Busy weekend for us as Ian plays in SGF tonight, two games in Log-Rog tomorrow, and 1 game in Log-Rog on Sunday. He also is back to 'ball boy'ing' for the SBU men's basketball games (which he loves). Jake has an all-day academic competition (of sorts) at SBU tomorrow with the winner walking away with a full-ride (high stakes). The process includes writing an essay and then an oral board/interview in the afternoon. Other scholarships are given depending on outcomes and for being selected to compete he gets a decent chunk right off the bat (nice for my wallet).

No comments:

Post a Comment