Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Evening of NHS

As mentioned previously, we attended Jake's NHS induction last night. Grandpa and grandma Jones, Jim, Cheri, and Alexandra were all in attendance (nice to have family close). It is nice to see a number of Jake's crew with whom he hangs out also inducted as I am a firm believer in the old 'you are the company you keep' (oh crud, maybe I should change that as I just took a head count of who I ride and race with on weekends... sigh). At one point during the event it was asked for parents who were also NHS members in high school to stand and of course Deb (a no-brainer) stood along with numerous folks and I though about an upward motion for a split second as I consider myself a life member of the Not (so) Humorous (to most) Syndicate, but better judgement took over and there I sat. My bro and I commented on the joys of a super short 15 minute ceremony (sweet!) only to get chastised by an older gentleman sitting nearby. Seriously?!?!?!?! ...not every event mandates a long drawn out amount of time to get a simple point across (reference to other school events and the occasional church service). Picked up Ian from his basketball practice and was home bound.




Got home and dove into some of Deb's chicken noodle soup (there is no getting too much of a good thing); perfect for a cool evening outside. Deb and I helped Ian with a school project to disguise a turkey (keep from being eaten on Thanksgiving) and he chose Colt McCoy (UT quarterback). I have to remember to snap a shot as this thing as it is hilarious.

Afterwards I headed to the Man Cave and replaced cables on the 'cross bike which was in need before this past weekend's race, but now was a mandatory swap out. Lost track of time and everyone (and everything) was lights out upon my return to the house.

The boys and I hit a local diner for breakfast this morning and I now am trying to figure out what I want to do fitness wise the rest of the week. Looks like I will keep it really lite (unwind mentally more than anything), race Bubba this weekend in STL, and then start a build up for state champs in Hermann.

My brother fowarded the below picture - freaking hilarious!!!

1 comment: