Monday, June 20, 2011

Change of Direction

Finished up mtb racing and found I was mentally and somewhat physically tired so I am dropping the crit racing in KC and Lawrence, taking a couple weeks R&R, and then building for the 'real' season. I think the tiredness is primarily due to I am a person who needs scheduling and routines and our new little one(s) this spring/summer has thrown me a little out of kilter with sleep and time in general (which is perfectly fine for now). It's just a matter of time before we all adapt to a new routine and training/racing is just as much fun as ever. I've learned over the years to listen to my body and it told me it was time to regroup so that's what I am doing.

The little guy is work, but its good fun work as he and we are meshing really well. He is feeling more and more comfortable at home and with us and is becoming more and more independent with his play. It's pretty funny how he looks a tad like Jake and Ian when they were young.

Learning experience/refresher as Friday evening we went to support the Bolivar Relay For Life and ended up staying there until 10:30pm or so and that was wayyyy past a 5 yr old's bedtime and we paid for it with one tired/upset kid; totally forgot little guys need schedules (similar to me already).

Saturday we took him to the zoo and had a blast. He had never been before and it was fun watching him discover new stuff. SGF zoo is one of the worst I've attended so if he liked that he is going to flip when we hit STL or Omaha! Got some great pictures and video, but can't post any pic of him that show his face (legalism).

Jake returned late Saturday night from his mission trip to Toledo, OH and everyone was psyched to have him back home. Ian put it best that our house is wrong without him; going to be tough on all of us this fall. Glad he is staying nearby.

Sunday was spent enjoying the boys, the afternoon with my dad and mom and my bro's family.
Trek sold so I just ordered up some carbon 50mm tubular cross wheels for this fall. If you can't be fast than at least look it, right?!

So I enjoyed my first week of rest and one more to go before build up to Jeff Y's season opener. Going to be interesting to see how this season plays out since we now stretch it to January... and of all places Madison in January (you know I'm heading up there to race with the Jackalope herd)!

No comments:

Post a Comment