Friday, October 21, 2011

Incredible

The following is totally non-bike related, but absolutely blew my mind.


Last Friday we took the young boys to SDC and met my folks there. During a routine conversation my mom brought up the issue of Jake using his monthly 'college' money from them to support an under-privileged child and how she's always been impressed with his generosity. That's when she pulled out a small stone from her pocket and said "that's why I always carry this stone." Not ever seeing it before I asked it's relevance and she said when Jake was young (probably 8 or 9) he was showing her his rock collection. He picked out his favorite one and showed it to her. She then made a comment about how nice it was and he immediately insisted she have it; his favorite one. After some discussion it was clear he was not budging so she received the gift... and has carried it in her pocket every day as a reminder of selfless generosity (over 10 years!).
Incredible and Powerful!


I have reflected on this a handful of times over this past week and it makes me realize I need to do a much better job of 'carrying' God's most treasured gift which he gives freely with me daily and sharing it with others. Now, this all being said don't run from me if you see me at a race or event as I'm not going 'TV evangelist' or nutty, but do snag me if you have questions about salvation or just want to chat.


On a sidenote: Jake has always made me want to be a better person...

No comments:

Post a Comment