Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Cars Are Not Impressed (It's Magic)

I was flipping through some blogs and came across the below on The Wah Report. OK, so these guys aren't exactly Ric Ocasek, but all in all it's pretty interesting with their 'outside the box' way of thinking (I thought). I would like to see the guy to the left (pic) give it a shot. Not sure why they labeled it 'mountaineering', but I guess if you're the first to do something you can call it what you want.

Got out with Ira yesterday for 1:45hrs on the road. I've fought a nasty head cold (a lighter version of Jake's) for the past 4/5 days and yesterday was the first time it felt like it is heading out.

Speaking of Jake, he did a light run yesterday with the team and said it wiped him out, but seemed upbeat about the possibility of running the 4x800 this Saturday at districts. Coach told him he is on the relay and running the open 800 as his team has a shot at winning districts. Today they are doing a load of 100m repeats and he plans to do as many as possible, but not to the point it hampers his recovery. Fingers crossed his crew will make it through districts (4 teams move on to sectionals) so he can be at full steam for sectionals next Saturday (and move on to State).

Yesterday evening Ian had a 'kids pitch' scrimmage against a SGF team (in SGF). It was their first time playing a non-coach pitch and they looked a little like deer in headlights. For the rest of the baseball season they are playing in coach pitch AND kids pitch leagues (both on same night) and it was good to get one under their belt league play starts (next Tuesday). Kind of funny to watch the boys bat against a kid who one pitch will throw a strike and the next a ball 5' above (or behind) the batter; you could tell the kids were more concerned about getting hit than getting a hit. Ian had a rough night in the field and went 1 for 2 batting. I think he is coming down with Jake and I's cold as he seemed 'off' and not his usual self; then again he is only 9 and kids will be kids (just unusual for him).

Looking to do my first interval set today since my clipped wing incident today. Not looking forward to the initial shock to the system, but usually like the feeling/sensations afterwards. Trying to figure out what to do this weekend as I am itchy to race, but thinking I should wait the full six weeks just in case I hit the deck again. The Hellbender RR (outside of Rolla) is this Sunday and I might jump in to get a measurement of my fitness over the 70 mile hilly course. I know I'll get blitzed, but really want to get back in the mix. Would have liked to go to Rhett's Run (mtb in Columbia), but my arm is in no way ready for that. Looks like my first mtb event is Castlewood on June 12th.

Just returned from dealing with CMH Central Billing with regards to the bills for my broken arm. If you follow my twitter than you know the initial visit was quite a fiasco as the walk-in-clinic was incapable to getting good x-rays (technician was out sick and a poor nurse was trying to run the equipment - I don't blame anyone for this) so I was sent across town to the ER for xrays only, which were sent back to the walk-in-clinic for review. We got the bill the other day and noticed not only did they bill us for the inconclusive/unreadable xrays at the walk-in, but for the one at the ER also... AND it was at two significantly different prices ($30 for walk-in and $196 for ER). After a friendly discussion with Centralized Billing I was told the charges will be corrected (very nice and efficient folks who helped me). Looking forward to the radical changes the Nobel Peace Prize winner has in store regarding reform (typed with only half smirk this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment