Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday 'Nooner

Skipped my early morning fling and deferred to a 'nooner. As opposed to yesterday's southeasterly winds today was a 180* change with a strong northwestern blow. For a change of pace I jumped on my mtb and headed south on the Frisco (break from the wind) for an easy 1:45hr spin. It's been since the day I broke my arm in Arkansas that I'd seen the tire in picture #1. Unlike around the SGF/Willard area our Frisco starts off like picture #2

.
Didn't take long into the ride to feel quite a bit of discomfort in my arm as the rotation of my right wrist to hold the handlebar shot pain up to the elbow (and that's on a smooth trail) - FRUSTRATING as I hoped to race mtbs soon, but it might be a couple weeks more.
.
Around 6 or so miles south of Bolivar I found picture #3; newly paved trail head/parking at Wishart (a relatively unknown spot in the road with no simple access). Nice to see money so well spent. If you cross picture #4 you are getting closer to Scotty D's part of the FT and that is considered our 'Sleepy Hollow' area (enter at your own risk)
.
.
All in all a nice easy spin of the legs on a cooler than normal day. Nice thing about the Frisco is it's solid tree lined so no matter what the wind is doing it's usually pretty calm and protected.
.
.
Since my injury I have dropped over seven pounds (right at 170lbs) and I'm feeling pretty healthy. A handful of years back I got down a little below 165 and I felt horrible and lacked any kind of strength. The day I broke my arm I made a significant change in my diet and focused on only serving of what I needed and none more. I was thinking about dropping around 168 or so, but I'll have to see how the strength aspects correlates with it. I continue with my core workouts, but have dropped my upper body strength regiment (not sure I like that), but like I said we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment