Wednesday, May 26, 2010

If It's Tuesday Then... (Updated to Include Wednesday)

...it means a couple things for me: 1) usually intervals of some type and 2) Ian's double-headers at SGF. After getting my efforts knocked out in the AM our day turned to the below...

***The below is a little pre-game interview***

Ian's crew played the Willard Tigers in both kid and coach pitch games and the boys won both (11-1 and 10-0). They now have a 12-0 record with the toughest team coming up next week; Ian is bummed as he will miss the game while gone on vacation. Ian pitched one inning (first time ever) and he walked one, gave up one hit (a single) and struck out three; not to shabby.


Tuesday nights are fun and Deb and I look forward to them every week. Jake had a track state qualifier party so we missed him this week, but he is always good to text during the games to check up on his little bro.



Ended up hitting my local Wal-Mart yesterday and trading in my Blackberry for a iPhone 3gS. My BB had gave me fits as of late and with the price reduction for the iPhone I made the switch. I know Apple is getting ready to release 'The Mother of All Phones', but I just can't justify spending a small fortune for the latest tech when the 3gS is right in my price range and it is a huge step up from the BB. No longer need to carry the Bean as the iPhone handles my video and picture needs. Next couple of days will be spent figuring out gadgets and downloading aps. ***All the above was shot with my new device***

Wednesday I ended up playing some noon basketball at SBU. After work Ian and I teamed up on the tandem while Deb rode solo (1:20hrs). Deb has really impressed my lately with her riding; I took her over a course lined with some good rollers and a couple decent climbs and she knocked them all out. Eball (guess I should rename him Ebike) refused to take any breaks from pedaling and plugged away as a solid stoker (well, as much as a 9yr old can). His greatest strength on the bike appears to being able to drain all water bottles in record time...


Spent a little time in the shop last night mounting the replacement SRAM shifter. Can't believe how fast it was replaced (dropped off at LBS on Friday and arrived Wednesday). Point of interest is the new shifter is the '10 model and the old one was a '09 (same geometry/holds) but a new look/graphics which makes for mismatched levers; not significantly noticeable, but enough is tweaks me a bit. Long and short of it - I am back up running... er, pedaling, and that is the main thing.

The garden is progressing as the tomato plants are growing nicely, the spinach is providing salad toppings, blackberries are getting really close, but the STRAWBERRIES are knocking it out of the park! Every morning I pull in 30+ nice berries; great for cereal and ice cream.

***This morning's pull***

No comments:

Post a Comment