Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bone Bender, Stitches (Round 2), and Prom

Ok, I have slacked a ton on the blog lately and I need to shake myself and get back into the groove of it. It's not that I've been SO busy or lost interests it's just I simply haven't gotten to it.
.
Here we go...
.
Riding/training in general is going pretty well and I've retreated back to the rollers/trainer instead of trying to fight all this rain as of late. I have gotten some nice intensity indoors and look to take it to the trails soon.
.
Last week Dale and I tackled a strong SE wind during an afternoon ride and was passed by a large manure spreader (that's right, a tractor pulled poop wagon) to which Dale looked over at me and asked "is it worth it?" to which I replied "on a day like this, absolutely!" It was a stinky 2+ mile tow, but it was worth it.


Foster/Adoption Process
- Foster course is done and waiting our licensing (within a couple weeks)
- 1/2 way done with adoption course with only two weeks to go
- The whole crew is anxiously nervous for a child placement. God is leading this so I know it will work out
.
Ian's baseball is going pretty good, but he is super itchy to get back on the basketball court. This weekend we've got a three game tourney in SGF on the hardwood so he is stoked. Still going to the gym working on his jumper and handles on a regular basis. I was hoping to get the summer off, but coach Ian has a strict workout policy and no 'vacations' are allowed (sigh).
.
Not really going in chronological order so up next is Jake's senior prom at The Chatue in Branson. Deb and I chaperoned along with several other parents and it turned out a great fun evening for everyone. Jake looked dashing in his tux and Andie beautiful in her gown. After the prom we took 30 some odd kids to a handful of condo's in Branson where we all crashed for the night. The next day everyone planned to go to Silver Dollar City, but most opted out as it was raining all day. Deb and I killed some time in the morning shopping and spend the afternoon at SDC while Ian was with Deb's mom and dad. Great weekend, but Deb and I are still dragging from staying up past 3am and up starting breakfast at 8:30am.


Sunday we spent at my folks for Easter; good day.


Two weekend's ago was the Bone Bender 3/6hr race in Lawrence, KS and I ended up winning the 3 hour Single Speed. I never felt crazy fast, but I knew I was riding consistent lap times and figured it would pay off in the long run (and it did). I ended up riding 55, 55, 56, and 56 minute laps getting me a gap of 6 or so minutes to 2nd place. I continue to love the 29'er and that course was great for the SS. It had a good mix of some flowy sections along with technical (you better be able to handle a bike) sections. Chris Locke and crew did a great job as usual.


So last post I showed some stitches in my eye; that healed up really nicely and Jake ended up cutting them out Tuesday night. Wednesday I was out on the road and my pedal broke causing a sharp piece of metal to rip a gash in my lower right leg. Deb came out, picked me up, dropped my off at our doc's office and ended up with more stitches. What a freaking weird series of events lately; nothing of my stupidity, just odd incidents. Leg is fine and that evening I knocked out some intervals to finish up the day's workouts.


It's been raining like crazy for the past four or so days, but this weekend is the Tour De Tick in Neosho, MO and they like to run it 'rain or shine' (two years ago I won the Sport in a huge downpour and swamp). Well, that's why I originally bought the SS so I hope to have some fun in the mud on a great course this Sunday in either the SS or Marathon division.

No comments:

Post a Comment