Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First 'Cross 'Win' of 2011

Not a lot to report on since returning from Jake and I's trip except for the heat and dryness (but everyone is experiencing that so no more on that topic).

Been a while since I referenced our little guy. We have passed 2 months now and it looks like we are a good fit for him and he for us. Both the boys are given the full stamp of approval so hopefully this will workout long term. He is a handful from time to time (as we all are) while trying to establish trust and attachment and teach structure and rules, but considering from where he came he is doing awesome. Found out last night he has gotten quite the talent with a soccer ball so look for him on a field this fall. It is a different world having a 5yr old around as Ian kind of skipped over the 'kid' stuff and went right from the crib to Sports Center so it's been since Jake was young since we played 'cars' and with toys. Deb and I ask ourselves 'what are we doing' from time to time, but when the little guy hops up in your lap to read a book or gives out huge hugs before bedtime it makes all doubts disappear.

Training is going really well and pretty much all it taking place prior to 9am ('cool' of the morning). Pretty happy with how things are progressing.

Tuesday morning I met up with Dale and Ira at SBU and we cruised around a bit before getting in some light interval work. It mentally felt good to shift from mtb'ing and road to my true passion and the beginning of 'cross specific tooling. While most of the continued base work is on the road I will find myself on the various SBU courses a couple times a week in the wee early hours.

Got a good laugh from Jeff Yielding letting me know I won my first 'cross race of '11 when I was the first to register for the Dogfish Cross in Hermann (Sept 17th/18th). He has thrown some new twists/incentives to this year's event and as always will be a stellar one not to miss. I opted the route of 'motel' this year instead of a floating trailer; we'll see how that works out...

Heading for a long weekend in Branson with my mom and pop and Jim's family; our yearly get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment