Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Man Down!!!!

Good start to the week yesterday with a 1:25hr solid tempo ride under the beautiful full sun at lunch with Dale to Stockton Lake and back. After work I jumped on some yard maintenance before Dale and his daughter joined the Jones and Appleby clan for dinner and great conversation. All was going well until around 9:30pm when Jake yelled out that his stomach was hurting... so much for a good finisher to the day.

It was sheer pain and projectiles for him until 5:45am when he finally drifted off to sleep. Deb stayed with him the majority of the night and I took my shift around 4:30am or so. I don't think I have ever seen him in so much pain (and for such a long period); hard to watch as a parent. I left the house at 9am and he was still sleeping. Deb headed home around 11:30 after getting a text from him asking for 7-Up or Gatorade.

I initially planned to head to SGF for a group ride this afternoon, but with 20mph south winds I think I'll stay clear of any potential 'incidents' and ride east/west for 3hrs after work with a couple locals.

Caught the finishing km's of 3 Day of De Panne; I could watch N. France/Belgium racing year round. This is absolutely my favorite time of year to watch Pro Cycling. On a side note: has anyone seen Devolder yet this year?!?!?! He needs to show himself this weekend or start looking for a new team as Lefevere is already throwing him under the bus. I know he won Flanders the past two years and this is 'his' race, but come on... I am a huge fan of his and need my fix.

Good Friday is a market holiday so I am thinking a long day of mtb'ing is in order; might head to LoftheO.

Just got off the phone with Micheal P (new to our riding group) who said he won a 1/2 marathon in KC this past weekend. He ran a 1hr:09min 13.1mile and was slightly disappointed with his 5:19 per mile split - holy freaking cow!!!!! I am trying to get him on the bike more, but he is focused on running as he heads to Europe to compete for three weeks this summer. Hopefully I can get him pedaling more this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment