Friday, July 23, 2010

Community Service

Been a pretty light and easy week so far.

Wednesday after work Ian and I hit the pool for some fun; you know it's hot outside when we opt for the indoor pool because the outside one is brutal. After splashing around Ian wanted to do some 'bike training' for this weekend's tri. He took a couple 'sprint signs' on me and quickly struck Cav's HTC pose. E-bike (see how easy it is to adjust his name to fit each sport) is a huge Cav fan (big poster on his room wall) and it glued to the tube every sprinter stage to see how his boy fares. He was livid when Renshaw was booted. He'll be happy to see the stage results from today (Friday).

Thursday evening was spent doing some yard/shrub work then full on croquet with Ian and Jake in the backyard (even mowed out a Championship Course). Three games played and each took a 'V'. As you can see in the below pic the Marigolds are going crazy (big) this summer; going to transplant some to create space.



Last night I forgot to set my alarm so this morning I was running behind and only snagged 1:30hrs with my girlfriend. Donned the cross wheels this morning (getting itchy to make this primary mode of tread) and hit the Frisco Trail. Ended up racking some Community Service hours as I cleared the trail of any (and all) spider webs as apparently I was the first one on this morning. I usually avoid AM rides on the FT in the summer time for this exact issue.



I have the St. John's Cyling team's crit this Sunday and after that it's full on 'cross agenda starting with the dropping of road rings and mounting the 42. I have thought of a 46/39 front, but have not been in a single event where (for my lack of abilities) a 42 with a 12/27 rear didn't cover; to each their own and mine is 42 (especially with the addition of the Paul's keeper last year - not a single dropped chain with it on). Looking forward to receiving our Challenge order and trying out the XS's (white of course).
.
Speaking of the crit this weekend, I am going to get creamed as I have done NO intensity for two weeks and my motivation is on vacation (which is normal for me in July; heat/humidity + me = suck performances). Forecasts calling for rain Saturday night and Sunday; hope it stays away as I'm not racing a crit in the rain (this year). Call me scared or a wuss and I'll agree; a couple things mentally has changed since breaking my arm earlier this year and the risk/reward meter has skewed.
.
The other night Deb whipped up an awesome dinner with Fried Chicken, mash potato's and gravy, rolls (most all of it homemade). Ian and I where looking forward to it until we figured out we were the official potato peelers; which in the end was well worth the effort.

.
Heading to my mom and pop's after our triathlon Saturday morning for the day. It's been a little bit since we were at the ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment