Friday, August 27, 2010

Touch and an AM Run with The Boy

Thursday afternoon I hopped out for a quick 1000m lap swim; nice and easy. When I was knee deep in triathlons a usual pool workout was around 4,000 meters with tons of drills, but since I'm not looking to swim competitively I can skip the drills (although I would be much more efficient if I did) and simply stroke out a quick one and be done with it. No doubt an IM is around the corner for me and the big pool time will happen, but not in '10.

After work I dropped Ian off at soccer practice (a local team - no travel is good) then Deb and I made it down to SGF to meet some friends for dinner at Touch; nice place, good food and great bunch of friends. Got lucky enough to secure a private room, which worked out perfect for our group of eight. Got home pretty late so made no plans for an AM Friday ride (nice timing for a rest week), but figured I would get out later in the day.





For some unknown reason I woke up Friday around 4:15am and couldn't get back to sleep so I figured I might as well go knock out some running miles with Jake and his cross country team at their AM practice. 5:15am he and I (along with the team behind) head out into the chilly morning for 5 miles; great running weather. Even battling his Pleurisy he took it easy on 'the old man' and we chatted the entire run; he said I was free to come back any time as he enjoyed it (typed with HUGE smile). If it takes up and at 'em to find time with the boy then that's what I'll do. With the exception of Tuesday morning it had been since February (SwampStomper 25k in Memphis) since I had ran over 3 miles and I was pleasently happy to still have a decent stride and pace. Got back to the casa and snoozed a little before heading out for the day.

This evening we are going to a SGF Cardinals game as my folks got some special tickets that gives us a tour of the park and workout facilities and sits up behind home plate; should be fun.

Below is Deb's new prized possession which she worked the 'deal of the year' to get cheap. Next month the granite counter tops and back splash tile go in along with a new stove. She's been waiting for this for some time and I am excited for her (and us, but mostly her).




Deb's birthday is tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment