Monday, March 30, 2009

All In The Family

Jake and g-pa Appleby snuck back home Saturday evening, earlier than expected. They were tired, but in a great mood. It's obvious these two really enjoy their time together... but enough of that, my boy is back home!

We had a semi-quiet rest of the evening as Deb and I kept smiling at each other enjoying having the crew all together. Deb made some southwestern soup that hit the spot on the chilly evening and we listened to Jake give us the play by play of his trip. He skipped the soup and pulled out a 'take home' sack out of the fridge and low and behold heated up some Gates bbq. I asked what he brought me and I got some lame response about him being back and to stop eyeing his Gates. I always make it a point to bring Gates back to him when passing through KC, but I got hosed on this trip.

Ian is still a little on the sickly side and I felt some of it one me most of Saturday and much more on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment