Friday, March 27, 2009

One DOWN and One to Go

Ian came back last night and brought a fever and sore throat with him. I woke up this morning to him throwing up flem. He is in a great mood and while on meds he seems to feel decent. He had a great time with g-pa and g-ma Jones in KC. My mom made some great seek and find games for the kids while in transit and at museums and that falls right in line with Ian's compulsive tendencies... task oriented! Ian was stoked with MU's win last night and also enjoying the fact that my Blue Devils got shelled.

Deb and I had a great 5 days of 'just us' time. We didn't do anything of great significance (outside of living room eating, which is off limits with the kids) and that was perfect by us. I love time with my boys, but I even more so long for time just with my girl; it was quality through and though.

Jake called last night and he is having a great time with g-pa Appleby. Those two always come back from their trips better pals then ever.

This morning Deb and I split time at work and during my time home Ian put a butt kicking on me in Madden '08 (in overtime) and I introduced him to Call of Duty 4 (which was promptly stopped by Deb - appearently she doesn't think an 8yr old should be inflicting blood spirting even though he was on the verge of saving the world from nuclear destruction... but I digress). I got Jake's new stereo put in the Rodeo, Deb is detailing the interior today, so all that is left is replacing the two dinged bumpers and he'll have his rig ready to roll when he gets back. All in all, we are getting off cheap by letting him have the Rodeo and he is very appreciative.

Got to bed just after 10pm last night so the intervention is working and I am feeling rested.

Fitness: Today is a 2hr steady/high cadence spin on the rollers. I wouldn't mind getting outside even though it is turning cold again, but I like the consistancy on the rollers for what I am doing today; watching The Punisher for this one (I catch up on tons of movies during roller/trainer time).

Talked with Ira and we are on for Sunday's Rim Wrecker no matter the conditions and will have to wait for the call from Scott in the 11th hour to see what he is going to do... sigh. In his defense I am sure those Cat 1 licenses are fragile (much like their owners - HA!) and can't be dirtied up. Dogwood was cancelled so hopefully it will help for a high turnout at RW.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to get muddy or wet for that matter. Though I guess that's out.

    ReplyDelete