Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Watched the James Bond movie last night and it was pretty good. Of course I have never met a JB movie I didn't like. Fired up the grill and threw a couple pizzas on for dinner - good stuff. Deb and I hit the gym then I made the fatal mistake at 9pm... decided I would play just a couple minutes of Jake's new x-box 360 game, Call of Duty 4. A little after midnight I had to put down the crack pipe and force myself away from the best war game I have ever played. Even now I can still hear it calling to me; now I understand the torture Smeagol endured.

Deb worked a little paint voodoo and came up with a great color for the living room so the painting will commence soon.

Jake call, as did Ian, and both are having a great time. It's funny how Deb's dad has to reprogram himself to life with a teenager EVERY year; he doesn't move fast or communicate well until after 10am, the earliest...

Fitness: (Yesterday) Got in a hour on the trainer in the AM just to loosen the legs and Deb and I hit the gym in the evening for a little cardio (her) and an intense strength leg workout (me).

(Today) Slept in (results of Call of Duty 4) this AM and got 1 1/2 hrs of riding at lunch with 5 x 1min intervals x 3. Temp was chilly, but not as cold as what is on its way. Nothing too big as I still felt last night's strength workout and would like to feel decent for this weekend's mtb #2. Will work a little core stuff while playing some more Duty this evening.

Dwars door... the Quick Step crew are incredible in the spring. They selflessly give the race to whomever can get the job done just as long as QS wins.

2 comments:

  1. Little early yet for 1 min intervals. They are more of a sharpening interval. About 4-6 weeks out from when you want to try & peak. Try 2x20min(80%) with 10 min rec btwn or 3x10min(85%) with 5 min rec btwn. Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete