Sunday, December 27, 2009

Birthday (#42) in the Books

Woke up this morning to clearing skies and a good outlook on turning 42. I feel good, fit, and healthy, have an amazing wife and boys, and in a good place with what's going on in my life. Thankful for many friends and family in which I share my ride through life.

Day started with breakfast, opening some presents, and watching Super Prestige 'Cross (Nys didn't give me the present I wanted).





Ian, Jake, and I did some playing outside while Jim continued clearing the drive from the overnight additional snowfall. It was beautiful outside as the temps came up to the 20s and the winds were non-existent. Some sledding took place until a huge snowball fight broke out.



Mandee's family showed up mid-morning so everything shifted back indoors to get the kids opening Appleby Christmas gifts. It's fun watching youngsters excited. Everyone made out like bandits.



Later in the afternoon the kids headed outdoors and had a great time tramping all over the place. I, on the other hand, snuck away for a nap (it was awesome). Woke up in time to help getting food ready for the night's big dinner with the Appley clan and the Doten group (Jim A's sister's family). Turns out I am quite the potato peeler... who knew.



The Doten's showed up and a huge feast began for the 17 of us. It was the first time this holiday season that I ate past my limits.


After dinner the Doten's headed out and everyone jumped in for some Wii. As I am typing there is some fierce mini-golf going on.

Skiing all day is on tap for tomorrow at Terry Peak. Ian is hitting the snow board while I'll stick with skiing (with Deb and Jake) since we are only going for one day (would board if we had multiple days).

Another great day in the Black Hills; this trip is going super.

No comments:

Post a Comment