Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mid-Week Report

Quick catch on the week so far...


Woke up Monday morning and my crud was still in full effect. Was hoping to get a solid start on the 'run training' so at noon I went to the gym and jumped up on the dread mill. I was looking for an hour, but after fighting the hack, cough, and snorting I exited with 40 minutes. Legs felt great, but need to give my body a couple more days of easy activity before loading it up. Monday after work Ian and I shot some hoops at SBU before coming home to dinner. Did a little bike prep work on the Blue and mtb, but nothing too major.

Jake is working some odd jobs with a retired pastor and a friend for the next handful of days and tonight was his first 'clock in'. Tonight they are working outside hanging some tin on a barn and then some insulation installation. I made sure he was dressed warm as the evening temps are in the 20's. He returned later looking forward to helping out later this week as he really liked the 'boss' and has never minded hard work when required.


Tuesday had me feeling a little better, but not great. Ran 30 min prior to an hour of basketball. After work Ian and I had basketball practice while Deb and Marla exercised at SBU. Got home to some homemade Chicken N Noodle soup and the rest of the evening was kicked back relaxation.

Wednesday I took the boys to a local breakfast eatery before school and there Ian started complaining of stomach pains. By the time we left he was in tears so I kept him home from school. Little knucklehead was sick for most of the morning then started feeling better around lunch. Deb and I swapped off staying with him at home, but I snuck him out to the gym at lunch for 1 1/2 hrs of basketball (I played he watched).

Let me interject something here in reference to my basketball. These sessions are not a bunch of locals slugging up and down the court at turtle's pace, this is the equivalent of an intensive interval session with most in attendance past (very recent) collegiate players. There is little chit chat as we get up and down the floor at breakneck speeds and games are physical and competitive as no one wants to lose.

After work it was another great restful evening as E and I watched the Thunder play Dallas and Deb grabbed a book and a tub. Jake had a handful of 'social' events and I don't expect to see him until later.

Right now I am splitting my time between typing this in and watching Ian playing some NBA Live on the xbox360. He's got 10 minutes before his hiney needs to be in bed. He is back to full strength so he'll be back at school tomorrow.


Jake's finals are this week, but he seems to have a solid hold on prep (at least he hopes so).

Tomorrow is supposed to be super nice weather (in the 50's), but I have a full agenda on my plate so will push next run to Friday (back to cold and snow/rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment