Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not Much Happening... (Updated)

... and that's the way I like it (most of the time). With Jake's XC done, gap in the holidays, and Ian with a lite second-half of this basketball session we are getting to enjoy some solid down time. It seems everyone in our house is smiling a little more and generally in better moods as we truly are a slower-paced foursome.

Monday was way laid back and not much happening. Deb and Marla got in a good indoor workout at SBU while Ian and I shot baskets. Got home and did initial work on installing ceiling exhaust fan in the house (not a huge deal, but playing Chinese acrobat in the attic in a small corner turned it into a bit of a deal).

Tuesday had Ian's basketball practice after work then he and I watched UNC whip up on Michigan St.

Wednesday had Jake to Focus, Deb and Ian went to the SBU gym, and I worked on the exhaust fan (wiring part). Later Ian and I watched MY TEAM (Duke) lose a squeaker to Wisconsin.

.
Thursday turned into an interesting day as after hitting the office early I headed home mid-morning and finished up my exhaust fan project. Must have gone good as I received the official Father-In-Law stamp of approval. Returned to the office and dropped in a new mailbox (actually a temp until our condo group one is finished) for our new tenant and re-secured ours. Grabbed some lunch with Deb's mom and dad and then after work the Jones crew went to Family Math Night at Ian's school. Always fun to go to these with Jake as we entertain ourselves while Deb simply issues several 'knock it off' looks and roll of the eyes.



Later Ian and I went up to SBU and shot baskets on the side of the gym while SBU men's team practiced. Ian always gets a kick out of this as Coach Guiot lets him come on the court and rebound for the guys while shooting free throws or have Ian shoot in front of the whole team. Its always interesting that he is instructing the same points as I do with Ian's team (just in a smaller simpler scope). We got home and Deb got Ian in bed as I hopped on the rollers for an hour. Afterwards we caught up with Community, The Office, and Modern Family.

.
Fitness: Monday - 1:30hrs basketball (light and easy), Tuesday - AM 45 min steady run and PM killer interval session with Ira, Wednesday - 1hr basketball, and Thursday - 1hr spin on the rollers. Friday is a planned rest day (maybe some super light basketball) and Saturday will be an hour ride with some Openers (another trademarked item by ScottyD - patent pending)

'Cross season ends this weekend for me with the MO State Championships. I am not in contention for a win, but am hoping to slide in with a top 10 finish. Supposed to be COLD this weekend, but at least it will be dry.

As soon as 'cross is over I will do the annual break-down of the bikes (overhauled maintenance) and not reassemble until after Jan 1. This gives me some mandatory time off the rigs, ensures they are given a thorough once over, and gets me back to running (which I love during the winter months). Jake and I have a 16 mile trail race in Memphis in mid-January and I have my work cut out for me if I plan to hold Jake's pace. If Memphis goes well I might jump in a 50K at Syllamo, AR in February then switch to the mtb for the spring.


.
Here's a couple random shots of my girl I ran across this morning on my Crackberry:

No comments:

Post a Comment