Friday, February 5, 2010

My Girlfriend Rocks

Friday means one thing and one thing only - Friday Mistress! Hit the office early so I could slide out in the afternoon, but opportunity presented itself mid-morning so I checked the local weather and as crappy as it was (31* and snowing/raining) my girlfriend was on my mind and I heard her calling. Wrapped up with a topper of water-proof layers and took the mtb for a 2:10hr cruise of Polk County. It was absolutely nasty weather as it started off with large flake snow then moved to rain, then to sleet, then finally snow again. By the end I was getting pretty chilly even though I was dry. My mtb (with 1.7 slicks) is really coming in handy for this type of weather and the roads/trails I ride in the Bolivar area.

Ian has a ball game in SGF tomorrow at noon and then we are all going to spend the afternoon in the big city doing a little eating and shopping. Might jump on the trainer for a couple hours before heading south.

Sunday is SBS (Super Bowl Sunday) and I think we are heading over to my bro's for the game. Hope Randy wears a disguise as Ian wants no part of him and any kind of championship game (Ian is 0-for when Randola is in the house). Hoping for a solid 3hr ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment