Thursday, February 4, 2010

Riding and Vertigo (not with Jimmy Stewart)

Monday was pretty routine and a day I usually take off the bike. I headed up to SBU at noon and got in some solid basketball. The evening was low key with Deb and Marla hitting the gym and Ian and I going up also for some basketball. Jake is taking a week off from running to physcially and mentally prepare for the upcoming track season. This will be his last rest week until the track season wraps up in late May; he is enjoying it! The Scrabble games continue and Deb is up 5-4.

Tuesday I got out for 1:20hrs a little after noon for a chilly ride. Took a hilly route to not only work on some climbing, but to stay out of the winds (worked out good for both). Found myself a little too far north of town for the time constraints I had and ended up riding some on 13Hwy which is not a big deal as it's shoulder is really wide, but for the most part I try and stay off of it.

Tuesday evening was ball practice and afterwards three games of Scrabble where in I put the whopp'in to Deb and now have a 7-5 lead (that's right a three game sweep).

Wednesday I was looking forward to a solid 2hr ride in the afternoon, but for some unknown reason I woke up with a total lack of balance and any movement made me nausious (like constant motion sickness). I went to the office around noon, but after 15 minutes Deb was taking me back home. I spent the rest of the day in bed and by evening I was somewhat better; I could sit up without the room spinning.

This morning I woke feeling 90% better and by the time I got to work I am down to 80% (but 100% better than yesterday). Will not attempt riding today and hopefully this will fully pass and tomorrow I will be able to hook up with my mistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment