Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Fun and Snowball Fight (Updated)

Last night as Deb and I were drifting off to sleep we commented on what a great weekend we had... zzzzzzz.

Friday after work Ian and I hit the gym for some ball (big surprise, I know). Back to the casa where Deb made some garlic chicken pasta (Jake's favorite) and we all chowed down. Jake had a buddy spend the night so I picked up Zombie Land for us (hilarious in an odd way).

Saturday we took our time getting up and around as Ian's ball game in SGF started a little after noon. We headed down and watched (I coached) Ian and boys put on a butt-whooping in a 24-7 win. Fuddruckers afterwards followed by some shopping.

Dropped off Ian to spend a night and then Deb and I met some friends at a local Mexican dive for later evening grub. That was a lot of fun as the conversation and laughs outweighed the food (man I miss SA). Back home to some Scrabble with Deb and Jake before calling it a night (after a little SNL).

Sunday morning I popped up early, ran to the store for some fresh veggies (and a couple donuts), and came back to start chopping up some Pico de Gallo for later in the day. I am bias, but you are missing out if you haven't sampled my homemade mix (passed down to me from a lady who grew up in in the Rio Grande Valley - no more need said). I use only fresh stuff, but to reach the perfect blend of juices it needs chopped and mixed (and refrigerated) 6-8 hrs prior to use; thus I was chopping in the AM.

Deb, Jake, and I headed off to church. Ironically the sermon was on gluttony (not only food, but other issues) which would come into play later in the day.

After church Ira and I bundled up and grabbed a 3:15hr ride north of Bolivar. Pretty chilly, but not anything that needed avoidance. I have found a great mix of winter clothing/layers which keep me from getting cold (or too warm) during temps in the 20s and 30s. I have been able to get the majority of my rides over the past couple weeks outdoors and I am starting to see results. Yesterday Ira showed me a brand new place that we are going to use for some great mtb training once the ground firms up a bit. I had ridden by this place a million times and had no idea what was on the other side of the fence until he showed me yesterday - huge potential and fun!

Jake headed over to a group of friends house to watch the game. Got home, cleaned up, and headed over to my bro's bungalow to watch the game (and eat) with a couple friends. Deb and the girls watch the commercials upstairs while Ian and I hang with Jim and Randy downstairs on the BIG SCREEN (understatement). Great game, food, and company all evening. A quick scoot back home in the snow (freshly dumped) and we all hit the hay preparing the upcoming week.

Monday was pretty much a routine Monday; played some basketball at noon, had a huge snowball fight after work with Deb, Ian, and Jake (pictures of this coming as it was so much fun), Ian and I shot baskets at SBU, ate some homemade chicken quesadillas (Deb rocks), watched some tube, played a game of Scrabble, and then crashed.
Below is a pic of Ian's snowman that might be the world's smallest (maybe 1' in height... maybe). I came home from work and Deb and Ian where just starting their battle. When Jake showed up it full on warfare.




Tuesday I hopped on the trainer in the afternoon and got in 1:30hrs while watching Public Enemy. It is a good 'trainer movie', but that is about it. It was -3* windchill so I moved indoors and probably will remain there the rest of the week. While I have no cross/road bike I simply hook up the tandem and it works great (the geometry is the same as my cross).

No comments:

Post a Comment