Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thank You Dead Presidents, Cupid, Japan, DECA, and the 3-Ball

***VIDEO CLIPS DO WORK they just won't populate with an image prior to playing them***

Where to start, where to start??? Three-day weekend thanks to President's Day and it was sweet. A mix of warmer (all relative) and blistery cold temps had me outside some days and cooped up others.

Thursday night Jim, Cheri, Deb, and I headed to SGF to have out 2009 Christmas office dinner. I know it was a little late, but better late than never. Haruno's sushi and entrees were super nice and filling and time with my bro outside the office is always quality. We ordered way too much, but somehow followed the eating instruction of one IRA BROWN and we "ate through the pain".
.
Friday Ira and I struck out on the bikes and got in 2:20hrs. Sort of chilly, but not too bad. The rest of the day included a trip to SGF for some shopping and Ian's ball game. The Courts had his 3rd grade team playing at 9:30PM (ended up being 9:45 tip-off). The boys played great and bagged another win and didn't look too tired until afterwards. Late night getting home and even later when you factor in CODMW2 still going on until 2am.

Saturday was a sweet late sleep-in followed by breakfast at Brenda's - hash browns and biscuits and grave is a staple for Ian and I while Deb always goes for the brown sugar oatmeal. Played a couple games of Scrabble, did a few chores, and continued on with a bunch of nothingness. Got out in great weather in the afternoon for a 3:10hrs ride going over Stockton Lake a couple different (locations) times. Temps were as warm as seen in past weeks and the ride was solid. Got to see the picture to the right during a water refill at a local pump-n-grub in Fair Play. I grew up with this on a regular basis (sometimes the one driving), but figure someone might find it humorous.

Got home, loaded up Ian and Deb (Jake was hanging with friends) and chowed down on SWMO's best hamburger at Squeeze-Inn in Stockton. Deb (and all of us, but especially her) loves a great burger and it doesn't get better than in Stockton. Got back home (with full bellies) and played some games then hit the hay... or did I???? At 1:30am I slipped out of the house and picked up a beautiful tulip/rose combination of flowers for Deb.

Sunday - Valentine's Day and my late night trip paid off; she loved the flowers. We headed off to church and it was kind of weird in that the temps were not too bad going in, but at 12pm coming out it was brutal cold. With it being so cold out and a couple of good rides in my pocket I took the day off from cycling and hung out some more with the crew. Got a couple honey-do's done, played some Scrabble, went to the gym with Ian, watched some Olympics, and that was pretty much the day. Jake had a V-Day date in the afternoon and they ended up coming by the house after an early dinner and watching a movie.
.
Monday the markets were closed which means SIA is also. Deb slept in while I got the boys off to school then I jumped back in to finish my snooze (9am). Woke to a game of Scrabble, mocha and breakfast, and then we watched The Proposal - pretty funny flick. Deb and I whipped up some lunch before a couple more board games, watched some Olympics, then I hopped on the trainer for 1:30hrs while watching Inglorious Bas...; odd movie and I don't really know if I liked it or not. Boys got home and we all ate on some homemade beef stew Deb made and then kicked back with a good Nerf dunk competition in Ian's room; I figure I won, but was overridden and Ian took top honors, Jake second, and me last (go figure). Boys headed off to bed while Deb and I finished up with some Olympics then it was lights out.



Neither Deb nor I could recall such a good day at home in years just the two of us (for most of the day). She truly is my best buddy and I absolutely live/long for these type of quality days.
.
Tuesday at noon-ball I wrecked my ankle pretty bad and it will be a couple days before I can put regular pressure on it. Hoping it will be good for cycling, but staying off any type of run activity. This thing is the size of a grapefruit and this morning (Wednesday) the discoloration is starting to settle in.


Jake had a DECA (Delta Epsilon Chi) competition today and he and his teammate placed 2nd in a finance presentation and qualified for the state competition (in April). He said he initially joined DECA to get out of class and school from time to time, but he now realizes he likes (and is good at) the marketing/advertising aspects of the competitions and is going to take it much more seriously (novel idea, young man). You might notice the hair-style change in the pic to the right - trying something new and we like it.
.
Tuesday evening had Ian's basketball practice followed up with Deb's homemade Chicken Parmesan (a crowd favorite). Deb and I watched some Olympic action and we decided no matter how masculine the dude (Stallone, Mike Tyson...) in men's figure skating he is still going to look somewhat gay in a feathered costume and prancing on ice; it's just the nature of the beast.
.
This morning before school Ian and I picked up his teammate Nick and took him to Brenda's for biscuits and gravy to pay a debt. The debt: I told the kids last Friday night during their game I would buy B&G for anyone who knocks down a 3 point shot and sure enough Nick killed it. Nick was pretty excited and reminded me last night at practice so this morning I paid up. There was quite an interesting mix of topics discussed over B&G as the minds of 8 yr olds are pretty creative...

No comments:

Post a Comment