Friday, April 16, 2010

Bolivar Invitational and Doctor Update

Yesterday afternoon (Thursday) was the Bolivar Invitational track meet (nice to have a home one once in a while). The temp and conditions were great. Jake was in the middle of a tough workout week as they are yet to taper with over a month before conference, districts, sectionals, and state. Coach is still keeping him to only the open 800 (Jake's not complaining, but misses his 4x800). There was a solid 800 field with a couple guys that's been below 2:00. Jake looked fluid right from the start and held with whomever would take the lead. At 600m he was in 2nd (with 3rd right in his pocket); the leader opened a small gap and 3rd moved past with Jake now holding on and holding a solid third place 2 seconds off the winner. Jake set a new PR and was on cloud nine for the rest of the evening. He (and we) is super excited as his legs are going pain-free and responding nicely to the workouts.

Got my new MWI kit on the doorstep yesterday and it is pretty sweet. I have no idea why I forgot and didn't think to order me a cap... (sigh), but MWI DS is coming through for me. Finally having both white and black arm warmers will come in handy.

Today I had my two-week update on the damaged wing. After another round or xrays, poking, and prodding I got the news the arm is coming along as expected. Doc still asks for a couple more weeks before I ride outside. Gotta love the hampster machine!!

Took the last two days off as the ol' schedule was pretty full. Going to try to hit 3hrs Saturday and 2 on Sunday; going to have to mentally focus for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment