Monday, April 19, 2010

Seems Everyone is Racing...

Intraweb viewing was high this weekend with the TofTurkey, CYL, Amstel all going on; not to mention Ira opened his season at Bone Bender (3hr) and Scotty D hit TofHermann (where I planned to be). Me? Oh, still on the trainer watching crappy movies and smelling the wonderful outdoors all from my garage. Only a month more before I can find a season opener (mid-May is the latest I have ever started).

Friday after school/work Ian, Deb, and I met up with Jim and Linda in SGF for dinner. We ended up trying Rodisio (think it is now a different name) Brazilian Grill. I was skeptical going in as I have had 'authentic' Brazilian BBQ while doing some work with SBU in Brazilia, Brazil a handful of years ago; surprisingly this place was not far from what I experienced before. A meat eating heaven (KC Strip and Lamb were awesome) is an understatement. Ian went toe-to-toe with Jim and I and probably out-ate us. It is not a place I would go often, but definitely will go back. Afterwards we kicked around SGF before heading back home.

Jake spent the evening in SGF with some friends.

Saturday morning we skipped Brenda's as I was still full from the night before. Spent most of the morning split between yard work and monitoring race results (TofTurkey & CYL - AC back to winning ways). Finished all the flowers in the shrub beds and now sit back and wait for the view.

The afternoon started with a couple hours on the trainer watching 'The Box' (started off good then took a turn for the worst toward the end). Afterwards Jim and I headed to a fundraiser poker game for a friend of ours and due to lack of interest (fellow participants) both of us left early. I am not great at poker, but still enjoy playing cards. I look forward to 'our group' of friends who play a couple times a month for the fellowship and laughter and that was missing from this event; too many folks trying to keep their 'drinks' down and the rest acting like it was an audition for the lead role of 'Rounders'.

Deb and her mom were in SGF and Ian was at a birthday party so Jake and I hung out for quite a while working on a trigonometry school project and then generally goofing off. SNL capped off our night as is typical for a Saturday.

Sunday morning started off great with a cup o' Joe and Amstel Gold (that last 1km is a killer). I am not a huge P Gilbert fan, but don't root against him either. I do know Lotto was in bad need of a win (around 8 months since their last) and it was good to see him deliver. With Evans gone it seems PG shoulders a lot of pressure/responsibility of the team.

Off to church and then back home for some lunch time grilling burgers. The afternoon was pretty laid back and another round of 'trainer' time was endured (1:30hrs). Jim A and I worked on the bathroom remodel as the new faucet was installed and the pedestal sink repositioned; all that's left is some new (longer) tubing and we're done.

Sunday evening was supposed to have the Jones crew grouped up for a little family movie night watching The Blindside, but it turns out Ian wanted to watch the Cards game (imagine that) and Jake was watching a different movie with Andie (at our house) so he was out. Ended up Deb and I in the den watching it alone. A couple take-a-ways from the movie - best I have seen in some time and Ian is 100% 'SJ' - quite funny the comparison.


Monday was a routine day. Picked up required tubing for the sink and once connected (and tested) I found that I mounted the COLD handle on the HOT side and visa versa (SUCK!). Never claimed Rocket Surgeon (I know, it's a joke) as my title so I spent most of the afternoon taking it all apart and putting it back together... the correct way. Nice to have that project behind me.

Hopped on the trainer (surprise!!!!) for 1:40hrs for 3rd day in a row and watched 'Men Who Stare at Goats' - another failed movie... I save the good movies for Deb and I and keep the 'B' rated flicks for the trainer.

Ian and I scooted off to baseball practice and got home to dinner (Jim and Linda cooked up some awesome BBQ brisket) and topped everything off with Jake kicking out butts at Settlers.

Ian has a game and Jake has a meet at Hillcrest tonight so since Jake is running only the open 800 we plan to try and catch both (although Jake takes priority over E-ball's game - for now). Other than that I am hoping (praying!!!!) for a quiet and easy week. Deb and I are sneaking away for a couple days alone this weekend and we have yet to decide where we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment