Friday, April 23, 2010

Willie Says It Best...

"On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again..." After three weeks of trainer rides I was starting to lose my mind (and will to get on the bike), so yesterday after work I beat Deb home and jumped out on the road for an hour spin (knew I had to leave before she knew my plans). Doc asked me to hold off a couple more weeks before venturing out, but I figure if I can ride a trainer I can ride the road (absolutely no mtb'ing or even 'cross gravel/dirt roads). Overall the ride was a success, but a couple things are still an issue - #1 Shifting: it shoots some stiff pain through my arm using my fingers/wrists to change rear gears. #2 Potholes/Bumps: heavy vibrations and jarring shoots the pain; it is going to be hard to find too many smooth roads in Polk County.



Got back home and Deb was smiling, but it was that kind of smile that lets you know you are an idiot. Not sure how much riding I will do at a time for now, but the training is a thing of the past (hopefully for now).

I am loving our new kits.

After grabbing a quick bite Deb and I headed down to SGF to watch my niece play soccer (she is for real). It was a good evening with my mom, dad, Jim, & Cheri. The boys stayed home with g-ma Appleby as we ended up getting home late.


Weekend forecast is rain, but I'm hoping to sneak in a ride today at noon and then a decent one tomorrow morning (while Deb hosts a garage sale). I booked Deb and I a couple nights stay in Eureka Spring for Saturday and Sunday so we are looking forward to getting away; we have never been to ES and we hear it's a fun place to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment