Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bolivar XC Meet

Yesterday was Bolivar's home cross country meet so I hooked out of work at noon and spent the rest of the day with setup, driving the lead, and breaking it all down (got home around 8pm). It rained a bit early AM so the course had some quality mud sections, but for the most part it was in primo conditions.

Coach is still holding Jake out so he was there yelling and cheering for everyone (even those on other teams) and providing his senior leadership. He did have time to sneak in a couple jr. high races in the lead Cub Cadet vehicle which was fun.

Ira took over the 'shotgun' spot for the varsity races and SBU's head XC coach jumped in with me for the JV race. It was a ton of fun watching the leaders duking it out and mud'n thru the nasty parts.

During the JV race Ian got to hang out and run with Jake from place to place to urge on the kids. It had both Deb and I smiling ear to ear to have them pal'n around and to have Jake show him so much attention and Ian responding to every second of it. These two are so different and with the age gap they don't spend much time together so these moments are huge.


With getting home late I called it another rest day (which I didn't mind since the dirt crit was cancelled due to rain).
This morning I got out early and cruised a nice 1:30hr ride over to Stockton Lake and back. Taking it pretty easy this week to hopefully have fresh legs for HUtL. It was awesome out as the temps were cool enough I donned my MWI 'cross kit for the first time (long sleeves kept me comfortable) this year. Looking to get some basketball in at noon for some short running type intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment