Thursday, September 30, 2010

A&B Short Track a Wrap

Tuesday wrapped up the 7 race Short Track/Dirt Crit series put on by the folks at A&B Cycles. The course was a figure 8 with lots of open pedaling and little tight stuff - yes! All the regulars showed as no one wanted to miss out on the sweet t-shirts being handed out afterwards. Ira got the hole shot into the woods as I was sitting behind Mark in 3rd with Cale laughing at my inability to ride single track behind me. That didn't last too long as Cale shot to the front taking Mark with him while I put Ira on my wheel to try to gap the riders behind (Skip and Ryan). After two laps and Ira getting a big gap on 5th and 6th I put in some solid efforts and was riding in third alone (pretty much what happened every race). Settled in for the middle portion then put in some hard hard efforts on the final laps to close really close to Mark at the end and finishing 3rd (like usual). It was probably my best effort/fastest race this year.



I finished 3rd overall for the series with Cale #1 and Mark #2 (both head and shoulders faster and better bike drivers than I). This series was a blast and super effort workouts getting me in good shape to start 'cross. Looks like they will put this on again next year and teamed with the Waffle Races the summer of '11 could be a lot of fun locally. The top three finishers received some sweet hoodies and in the picture I tried to make it look like a podium (I am not that short compared to these guys).



Wednesday I jumped on the SBU courses and got in a non-stop 1:30hrs of bike driving at a low-to-medium effort level. Since Cat 3's are racing AN HOUR at the Boss Cross events I need to keep up the longer rides on technical courses to condition the body. Have to admit I was surprised to see our race go longer than 45 to 50 minutes, but I feel my good base and fitness level with benefit me so I'm not griping. Thought about racing the Masters and then the 3's, but not with the longer 3's.
.
Spent another evening in the gym with Ian shooting and working ball handling. Play at The Courts starts in three weeks and team practice starts next week.
Here's a short montage of some action from Ian's soccer game this past weekend. He scored a goal in the last clip, but the one before is the funniest as his teammate takes a full on shot to the groin:




Spent some time in the shop last night cutting a ton of trim pieces for Deb's dining room update (always looking for a reason to play with big boy tools). So far it looks great and all is left is for me to get the wainscoting frames put together, primed and painted, and installed. The color and design really updated the area and might be one of my favorite rooms now.

Speaking of updates, Deb got to check out her new granite yesterday and is looking forward to next Friday's installation. She's been waiting for this ever since we moved in.

On the world cycling front bummer to see more riders coming up positive... sigh. Will be interesting to see what comes of AC. After seeing the news Ian hoped Thor would test for something so his boy Cav take the green (he was only joking).

No comments:

Post a Comment