Friday, July 24, 2009

Luv'in My Friday Mornings

Thursday after work I was greeted at home with my sweetie whipping up a blackberry cobbler (THE BEST!). She spoils me (and the boys) to no end. I worked on the final trim/caulking around a window in our bathroom (which is finally done). Jake had a buddy over for the evening/night so they pretty much disappeared and after dinner Deb headed out for a girl's activity while Ian and I jumped over to Wal-Mart so he could cash in some allowance $$$ for a new RipStick. ***SIDE NOTE: Passing through biking isle at Wally World and they have carbon bottle cages!!!! Paper thin and super light for $19; Wal-Mart - too funny?!?!?!?!*** Ian rode (or tried to) one in SA at the McGrath ranch and he was instantly hooked; the entire way home he was doing allowance/chore calculations to see if he had enough $$$. We got home and after a quick video tutorial he was off and riding. It was a fun evening and E-ball is stoked about his new purchase.


***Above video showing that Crocs are still the mainstay and also the official shoe of the IICLoBRCC (International Inside City Limits of Bolivar Ripstick Championship Circuit - if you didn't already know...)***

Hopped on the rig for an hour last night and got in a couple shorter efforts at SBU. Funny thing is the SBU Security gave me some motor-pacing on the loop. Got home and went to work on the bb cobbler.

Woke up to a beautiful morning in the Ozarks and enjoyed a light 2hr spin on the dirt back roads. Knocked another 'Polk County road' off our list (Dale and I have a county map and are bound and determined to ride every road eventually - around 85% done). Got back in time to watch _____ win the stage (I will fill in the blank tomorrow as I don't want to be a spoiler). Looking forward to the action on Ventoux; will be interesting to see if AK holds LA's hand up the climb or if he gets free reign with the Schleck's and hopefully a podium spot. HERE is a good interview of C Horner giving his (always) candid take on things. ...and while on the subject of pro cycling - Radio Shack, seriously?!?!?! Can't wait for the 'presented by' Aaron's Rent-a-Stove.

I am heading to SPR Saturday and Sunday for the Queen City crits. Will be interesting to see how it goes as I have taken it pretty easy since TofKC so once again I don't have expectations of grandeur, but am looking forward to good courses and supporting local racing (still disappointed I missed the Sac River race).

Fitness: Thursday - 1:30hrs basketball/1hr ride with a couple short efforts Friday - 2:10hrs light spin on cross bike

No comments:

Post a Comment