Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sinatra's Singing (er...) Riding in the Rain

Totally relaxing Monday evening as Ian and I caught most of the Home Run Derby (kind of boring) and I tackled a couple inside chores. Took down the living room ceiling fan and hit it with some 'Hammered Texture' deep bronze to bring it up to speed with the new fixtures (Tuesday chore - putting it back together and re-hanging it.). Move to the den next for a few update details and then we are close to being done with the small projects. Big project (for hire thank goodness) is carpet replacement followed with some tile work in the bathrooms (done my yours truly).

Woke up to rain followed by a call from Ira saying he was under the weather all night and would not make our early AM ride. Poked my head outside (clip #1) and decided I wouldn't melt if I got a little wet so off I went. Rain held over Bolivar so I went a couple miles north to find some daylight. Got in a solid ride with 3 x 15min efforts (between efforts in clip #2). Finished up with a spin through SBU campus, ran through our 'cross loop a couple times, and headed home. I am taking most of the rides easy until mid-August, but will still throw some efforts in to stay half way sharp for SPR's Queen City crits and TofKC (part duex) or Gateway Cup crits.



Following weather/radar reports and looks like Jake is getting day #2 of big rains. I imagine he is loving it as he has laughed and gotten into our rainy trail runs in the past (pic after a Sac trail run with good friends John Bradley and his bride Cynthia after a soaker). It will be interesting to see how good of a tent Coach brought and how dry the inside is... I have always told Jake that it is the 'Epic' times when things go wrong/difficult/unusual he will remember later in life more than when things go to plan. That being said Deb if a fan of the routine and doesn't look for the Epics (everyone knows she is the smart one of our crew).

Fitness: Monday - 1:30hrs basketball Tuesday - 1:30hrs ride with 3 x 15min efforts/1:30hrs basketball at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment