Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Amigos

With Jake off running in the middle of the Mark Twain National Forest, Deb and I took Ian to SPR for a little 'just the three of us' time. We ended up at Incredible Pizza (Deb's choice... just kidding, it was Ian's first thought). They have a deal on Tuesdays that includes unlimited play and so the evening (the ENTIRE evening) was set. After chowing down it was on to the go-carts, mini golf, air hockey, and tons of video games. Ian got his first experience at driving a go-cart and I think he is hooked. We (even Deb) got into the action and Ian's highlight was beating the crap out of me in a go-cart race. At the end of the evening the little man (and older ones) were wiped out (got there a little after 6pm and left around 9:45pm).



Deb and I were reflecting on the way home how we were at the end of trying to have a second child and were at the point of giving up when Ian took us by surprise. If he had not come along it is crazy how our lives would be different with Jake out of the house so much now; Deb would actually be stuck with just me (she sighed LOUDLY last night when I mentioned that as I am sure thoughts of Terry Bradshaw's transformed room in Failure to Launch came to mind). There is no way in the world I (and Deb) are ready to not have a little man around the house and are so thankful for the goofball (meant as a term of endearment). I know the time if flying and they both will be gone before you know it, but not for a little while yet.


Jake's coach gave us a call to fill us in on camp and all is going good. Jake is having a great time and is learning how long and steep hills really are outside of Polk County. They have been pounded with rain, but spirits and intensity of the workouts are high. Coach's call came during a brief break in the action and I asked what the kids do during breaks and one word was given - "SLEEP". Looking forward to seeing and hearing his recount tomorrow on the drive to SA.

Argus Bean review: I have had my new camera since Father's Day and overall I am pleased. It is sturdy, water resistant, simple, and most of all small. That being said the quality of pics is not near the Cannon I used before and it does not do well (at all) in low/slightly dim light settings. I would recommend it for what I use it and not as a primary family camera; shoot, for $59 it's a heck of a unit.

TdF has had better days as only a couple days (out of 11) had had some sort of interest. I do like watching a handful of team trying to take the lead out away from Columbia/HTC only to have them bide their time and motor to/through the front when it is go time. Tony Martin, George, and Renshaw are fearless motors and Cav is pure speed. R Mcewen has to wonder if this kid is his unknown long lost younger brother with the pedal turn and attitude/personality!?!?!?

Leaving for San Antonio tomorrow (as soon as Jake gets home) and everyone is really excited. Trying to time everything just right to pass through Austin at lunch and hit Freebirds.

Fitness: Wednesday - 1:30hrs ride after work (probably in the rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment