Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our Girl, Super Guys, and Big Drinks

Super relaxing evening which was appreciated by all. A ton of baseballs were tossed in the backyard while Jake played tennis with some friends. Order out pizza hit the spot as neither Deb or I felt like cooking. Did an overhaul maintenance job on my mtb (which was overdue) to include fork take down and rebuild.

Our garden is going crazy (in a good way) and veggies are starting to pour in (I can almost taste the fried zucchini now). My blackberry bushes (three new ones this year) have a grand total of 32 berries, which is just about enough for one bowl of ice cream (next year look out!).

Yesterday's Quotes of the Day were as follows:

"Ian, please don't put worms in your mom's hair... thanks" - said as I happen to turn around at the last second to see Ian with a 5" worm about 1" from the top of Deb's head while she was working in a flower bed.

"Hey buddy, you know your mom can't hit that fast of a pitch" - said in the backyard after Ian had just blown three or four pitches past Deb while she was hitting and I was shagging balls.

Interesting the above both reference taking care of Deb, which I preach to my boys on a daily basis and to it they adhere. Early on I instilled the message (NO ONE SCREWS WITH MOM) that she is the one person for whom we will do anything and everything to love, pamper, and protect. The boys and I try to keep her on a pedestal that she rightly deserves.

Tour De France is close upon us and I have yet to make predictions (coming tomorrow, but you have to know Alberto is far and away my top choice, with Cav in green, and Gesink in polka dots) so feel free to chime in with your picks.

Fitness: 1:40hr on the road with Ira and Dale NE of Bodunlivar. Big ring'ed all climbs today working strength (need to get back in the gym before cross starts ). Everyone took a sprint sign today (Ira simply strong on a downhill sign, I made a long attack, and Dale pulled out the sneak and hold-on-for-dear-life to finish out the day). I am always whining about being stuck in Bodunklivar, but those two make it livable (and fun) and rank right up there with my SA main man and him.
Ira and I are hitting some mtb action tomorrow morning as the markets are closed and the office is shut down. Probably heading to Sac, but might try to slip out to LofO for some Honey Run or Trail of Four Winds.

*** The sound on the above is horrible so turn down the volume otherwise you will hear something similar to Miss Offmar***

Is it a bad thing when your Slurpee is as big as your head (I know, I am leaving the door wide open for comments about my ego, physical size of my snouze, etc...)? I am sticking with NO and that is actually teaches discipline; drink through the pain and be a champion TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment