Friday, July 31, 2009

Where the Heck has July Gone?!?!?!

This month went by WAY TOO FAST! The boys start school in 12 days (Bolivar decided to get things going super early this year and mid-week). Both the boys are bummed as they like them some summer time (although Jake never got to sleep in except for weekends).

Here's a clip of Ian and Deb playing some croquet and my out-building project yesterday evening:



I made the mistake of letting Jake introduce me to his (and his coaches') newest fixation: OLD GREG. It's kind of like Napoleon Dynamite as it gets oddly funnier the more times you watch it. WARNING: It is a different kind of humor so don't complain if you find it non-entertaining; you have been warned...

My mom and pop are coming up this evening and hanging out until tomorrow mid-afternoon. Nothing eventful planned, just a little eats, some croquet, and a bunch of nothing. I plan to continue my out-building project (power wash the floors and get some racks/hangers put in to gets the bikes organized.

Headed out this AM for my 'Friday Regular'. It was pretty chilly (upper 50's) at my 6am departure; felt amazing (almost a hint of 'cross in the air). Decided to take tons of video to document what Crusty is missing (you really need to come down and taste the good stuff). Dale was out of town and Ira is still off the bike so I hit it solo (ipod full of VH's Diver Down, older Kid Rock, smattering of Brad Paisley, and much much more). Ended up with a little under 45miles and 2:40hr ride time; a easy spinning pace. AWESOME is pretty much the only way to describe it. The below clips are in sequence, but only 1/2 of the ride; second half posted at a later time - check back

Stay tuned as more is on the way...

5 comments:

  1. I'm salivating up here. Those are some sweet roads. I'm might have to break in the Blue down there. I might have to drag CurbDestroyer with me if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, uhh, don't watch the "old greg" clip with your 5 year old. I had to explain what a "mangina" was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two quick points to make: 1 - why watch anything on YouTube with a 5yr old?!?!?! 2 - Why explain a mangina to a 5yr old?!?!?!?

    I guess I should be more direct when I post WARNINGS before a link (sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The temp was only 36 when we started our ride on Saturday.... it was GREAT! We got in over 21,000 feet of climbing last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what, about 2,000ft per stitch (smile)? Hope he is recovering and comes up with a good story (bar fight, saved family from firey crash...) better than endo.

    ReplyDelete