Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hump Day Report

Boy it's nice being back home...

Went to bed Sunday night with the notification school in Bolivar cancelled for Monday, which made the boys happy (until I explained to Ian that snow days are made up at the end of semester - summer). Deb and I got back to the grind (work) while the boys had another day to sleep in. Grabbed Ian (and his buddy) at lunch and went to SBU for some great basketball (1:30hrs). After work Deb cruise to SGF to be with a good friend of ours while her son was in the hospital (many prayers were said and answered) and Ian and I went with a friend to play some more basketball at a community gym. School was not cancelled for Ian on Tuesday and I ended up playing much later than expected (2hrs) getting me the 'evil eye' from mom (not really, but should have) for having the youngster out so late.
.
Ian's a funny cat in the gym as he shoots & dribbles and shoots & dribbles and hardly every 'goofs' around - he fully understands it is time spent now that will have him excel later. I have no idea how close he is to 10,000 hrs, but is closing in quickly.

Tuesday I woke up to some core work and skipped a workout at lunch and commenced to save the world (again) from tyranny (COD MW2 - best game I have played). Went from Ian's b-ball practice after work to SBU for a men's game (38th home win in a row - longest in NCAAII). Got home late, but fit in time to get the Ride-On Gore cables installed on the Blue.

An early AM run at SBU Wednesday morning snagged me 1:30hrs beating feet (I'll be glad when the SwampStomper is over and I straddle the bike again).

Nothing on the docket for this evening and I think all of us are looking forward to a bunch of nothingness.

Different topic: A week or so back I referenced a 1/2 IM at Branson and my interested in doing it. I initially held off signing up as I wanted a little time to think about it before financial commitment. I gave it much consideration over break and decided to skip it and stick with the same schedule (more or less) as last year as I had so much fun being fully back on the bike and racing as much as I could fit in and there is no sense to changing up something that worked. Additionally I have already done a 1/2 IM and going sub 5hrs again wouldn't be too hard so I'll wait until Jake heads to college then I'll don the tri stuff again and knock out a full IM (so I can get that cool tattoo - honestly, I will get it upon completion). Dale is already working his Jedi mind tricks to get us to THIS in May (Ira, Crusty, and ScottyD, I know you guys are game...).

1 comment:

  1. I considered the tatoo as well, opted for the one that washes off after a few days and was much happier with that decision.

    ReplyDelete