Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hump Day Ride

Had a sick little man at home yesterday so opted for a day off from fitness. After basketball practice (Ian stayed home) Deb and I watched SBU beat on MO Western; pretty boring game and we came back early.

Today I hit the office early so I could grab some extra time at lunch. Everything went as planned and at 11:30 I was out of there and on my rig. Temps were high 40's with a stiff breeze (kind of coolish) straight out of the west. Stayed off the 'major' roads (Crusty, I know, its a realitve term) and opted for the one's Mother Nature beat on during the latest snow and ice. Rode down to Stockton Lake (headwind), north a little (crosswind), then to reap the tailwind I sailed home. Ended up hitting the door right at 2hrs for what was a solid tempo (for this time of year).


Rain is on the way (at least it is forecasted) along with a dive in temps for the weekend. Going to try to get another hour outside tomorrw if the rain holds off; if not then a spin on the trainer.

Ian was back at school today and is dying to get to the gym tonight after dinner so guess where I am heading in an hour or so...

Jake's leg/ankle appears to have healed up as he has continued the mileage with his crew everyday this week. With the trail race his last week's mileage was over 50; better him than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment