Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nothing New Here...

Monday was a regular Monday; got to work, come home to supper, play some ball with Ian at SBU, Ian and I scare the daylights out of Deb and Marla while they were walking at the gym (that was funny!), catch a little Monday evening basketball on the tube, and call it a day. I did play an 1:30hrs of basketball at lunch which will be my regular day off the bike and active recovery.

Tuesday was chilly out so at lunch I jumped on the trainer for 1:15hrs while I watched Serrogate (OK for trainer, not good for everyday rental). Kept it fairly light with a couple mixes of bigger gear play; feeling pretty good. Tuesday evening was Ian's basketball practice and other than that not much happened out of the ordinary (which is nice).

Wednesday was another routine day, but I did manage to slip out early afternoon and grab a 2hr ride before it turned dark. As I raced the sun home the temps were really falling. Not looking forward to the next couple of days if the forecasts are correct - ice/snow/cold (single digit cold).

Riding is going pretty good and I feel way ahead of where I was this time last year even though I am keeping the effort levels way down. My plan is to use spring mountain biking to sharpen my handling skills and build a solid base (and do well in Sport/Cat 2 races). I would like to be flying in May and June for a handful of crits in KC, Tulsa, and STL. Take a couple easy months and then hit it super hard for 'cross in the fall/winter. While the Blue is in the shop I have done all my rides on the mtb (trainer time is on the tandem) and that is working out good. Waiting to hear from the mechanics in Georgia as to the status on my rig... compared to my mtb it will feel like I am flying when I get to ride it again.

Ira, Jake, and I are looking to do a fun urban orienteering/trivia (I know it sounds like an odd combination, but it's fun) race in SGF this Saturday evening, but will have to play it by ear as the temps are 20* for the day and 5* at night and this thing starts after dark (7-9pm). We have done this the last three years (Ira and I the first year and Jake and I the last two) and while it is technically a 'race' it is more of a fun event around MSU and the downtown area (lots of running). None of us are to hip to cruising around in near single digit temps so we'll have to see if we go.

On a different note: While not a huge change in day to day I am starting to subtly bring around a bit of a shift in the outlook and prospective I have on life and the people/events with which I spend my time. I have let some influences impact my thought processes that led to nothingness/waisted energy so I am limiting those and moving toward those that support/nourish a healthy lifestyle and outlook. I have a handful of friends and resources with whom I need to reconnect/strengthen my ties as well as some acquaintances that I would like to get to know more. Like I said not a huge shift, but a needed one.

Is it just me or does Nancy Pelosi (doesn't matter which side of the isle you sit) make you want to smack her '24/7 botox'ed' look off her face. I always have to turn off the video to Obama's addresses to the nation and simply listen as she is so freak'in distracting.

2 comments:

  1. So I guess you are never going to Tong's again as that does not nourish a healthly lifestyle. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tong's is nourishment for a month!

    ReplyDelete