Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thought I Saw...

...Stijn Devolder out on the cold rainy backroads of Polk County at lunch today. He would be the one in shorts, cycling cap, ls jersey, light gloves, embro'ed legs (SPF 60) and killing it Euro Style.

Speaking of such, following the TDUnder and no surprise to see HTC picking up where they left off. Can't wait for the spring pro cycling to hit northwestern Europe...

After such a solid ride yesterday I didn't want to go back to the rollers/trainer so I donned the thermal skinsuit, rain pants and cape, and booties and got out in the 35f rain for a 1:15hr spin east of Bodunklivar.

The rain is supposed to clear tonight so I'm looking to get another ride at noon for a couple hours with Dale. Not sure what is on tap for Saturday, but would like to get in 3+hrs and then a couple on Sunday.

Crazy how bad the roads here in Polk are falling apart with the ice and snow we recently had. Just when I thought they paved about all the good roads the 'cross gods have smiled and busted them up the way I like em - almost back to gravel.

Ian and I hit the gym for over an hour yesterday evening and imagine we'll head back again tonight. Got home yesterday to see Deb killing it on the trainer (atta' girl).

Blue Competition Cycles should have received my rig today so I am hoping to hear from them soon as to the next step. So far everyone I have delt with has been incredibly quick to contact and willing to expedite (always good to see a company stand behind a product).

Here's a little something for Tommy J (I like J Fallon's humor):



No comments:

Post a Comment