Thursday, September 24, 2009

It has been a quick couple days...

Monday was a pretty routine day and I grabbed 1:45hrs (mixed in some bigger gear work) on the trainer in the evening as the rain was pouring. Caught up on some of our favorite CBS shows with new season (finally).

I coach Ian's traveling basketball team and we had our first practice Tuesday evening and it went really well. I like the crew we have and including a competitive 4th grade team with ours has our boys raising the level of play. Ian has a great time and for the past couple days has a basketball in his hands nonstop working on drills (mom's not so thrilled as it's mostly in the living room). That's about it for Tuesday... OH WAIT, the BLUE arrived around noon. I had planned to get some training in, but with a new toy it simply wasn't going to happen (let's just call it an unplanned rest day). Spent the evening swapping some stuff here and there and mostly just looking at it.

Wednesday AM got out on the rig for 45min and stopped about every 5min to tweak this or that (and mostly just look). Everything is pretty much dialed and will only need to pick up a chain ring guard (outer) and crop the steerer tube and I'm done. Needed to hit some interval work so after the 9-5 I took the Blue out for it's first real test. A wet/soggy SBU XC course (with new turn sections) for 5 x 5min and 1 x 10min (mostly in a light rain). Tough workout and I am feeling it today. I'm not a bike expert and the little details of this and that goes mostly unnoticed by me, but the instant feedback on a pedal stroke is incredible on the Blue. Super solid and responsive and simply looks incredible (I should have a big fuzzy hat, leopard print overcoat, and zipper side boots cause I feel like a PIMP on this thing).

Got home, threw some grub down the gullet, and finished getting the Orbea prepped for it's next owner. Randy came by (Ira showed up later) and by night's end he was off with a 'new to him' bike. It worked out great for everyone with the Orbea as it served as an interim bike perfectly.

I like Conan O'brien's Tonight Show so much better than Leno's. He is freaking hilarious.

Just got back from a 1:30hr roll with my bro. Loosened up the legs after yesterday's efforts and enjoyed the company and awesome weather.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting because I think Conan is stupid and I won't watch the Tonight Show anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To each his (or her) own. Andy is a great side kick.

    ReplyDelete