Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Review

After church this morning Deb was on her way to a relaxing day snuggled up with a book (and no boys). Ian spent the day at a friend's home working the Rip-Stick. Turns out since E intro'ed it to a couple friends last month Wal-Mart has sold quite a few as word keep spreading throughout the intermediate school. Jake split his time between an afternoon run, church youth group, and later helping a friend with Calculus (which comes so easy to him while I have a hard enough time simply spelling it). I jumped on the 'cross bike with Dale and Ira and we disappeared for the afternoon (more on that below) so that meant Deb had over 5hrs of silence at the casa and a good book. She's worn a smile on her face the rest of this evening.

Dale came over and we hit the Frisco Trail for an hour of solid steady tempo. Ira found us on the way back and after grabbing the barriers from the house we headed to SBU for an hour of solid continuous riding a twisty course with 3 dismounts (sand volleyball pit, natural double barrier, and PVC double barrier) that averaged around 5 minutes per lap. We weren't hammering or taking it easy, just keeping a steady effort for an hour. Worked several loops in a 48t ring which worked the power/strength aspect.

Got home, grabbed a quick nap, then headed out with Jake and watched District 9 at the theater. Interestingly good movie and definitely different; both Jake and I liked it. Jake is a busy kid these days so I drop most everything on the spot when he has time to hang out. He knows I love him (and visa versa), but don't think he realizes how much I long for time with him. It makes me cling even more to Ian as he still likes to snuggle up to watch ballgames or get tucked in every night; just like with J I know those days are fleeing.

Not too disappointed the Hermann race was skipped as the workout today was solid and the solo driving was not missed. Dale and Ira are heading to Hermann next weekend so I am anticipating a good trip. Crusty has made a reference to my 'need for lube' at the HUTL event which brings a sheepish smile to my competitive self... who knows, maybe he'll donate his effort again to make sure I keep contact on the opening lap (doh!). Sounds like his training is going well so I figure it will be fun to actually race with a teammate this year.

Worked on the 'cross bike this evening and swapped it up to the 42t ring with 12-26 (dropped the 38); it's what I ran in the past and seemed to be a good fit for me. Will also run 42 (12/27) when the Blue arrives.


News this morning (Monday) that Blue is shipping my rig (to Wisc then on to me) this Thursday (at least Blue knows where it is), but am not holding my breathe as I will beleive it when it is on my door step. Crusty has his rig PIMPED:

No comments:

Post a Comment