Friday, September 25, 2009

Who Turned on the AC

Hit a 2:15hr AM ride this morning, wore a light long-sleever and light gloves, and stayed pretty chilly until the sun popped. Been a couple weeks since I hit the 'Friday Usual' and I was not going to miss it this week especially since I met HER (see pic to the right). Wow; amazing how a new girlfriend can make the old ones seem so insignificant. Although I rode a steady effort it was absolutely relaxing and refreshing. Lots of fog in the lower valleys made for some good scenery.

Not much on tap for this afternoon/evening. Jake runs at the Hermitage Invitational at Pomme de Tarre Dam Park, which is supposed to be super hilly and tough (that's why coach chose it). He run at 10am so I think Dale and I might ride up (catch a ride back) to get the legs loosened up for Diamond Blackfan 'cross race in KC on Sunday. Jake's coach told him not to expect a great time on his race as he was LOADED up on workouts this week (and for the next couple leading up to districts).

Deb's enjoying her new buddy (Marla) and they are riding/walking quite a bit and sharing 'girly' stuff. She has needed this for some time and I can't help but smile knowing they are pals. She has been stuck in a testosterone purgatory for long enough.

1 comment:

  1. I notice the bike is photographed in the house, not the garage ....just saying.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete