Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Early Week Ramblings

Monday Deb and I grabbed a nice 45min spin (not on the tandem) around Bolivar at lunch. She got in a hard workout and I got to spin my legs out from Sunday's work. I had another intramural football game (chalk up another win) and Ian was my biggest fan on the sideline. Deb headed out with some girlfriends for a 'chick' flick (thank you girlfriends, you have almost removed me from anything estrogen). The boys and I had a quiet night of TV (E-ball of course with Dallas playing on MNF). Jake had a long run so he was pretty sacked for the evening.

Early 40min AM run this morning was quite chilly. Hit the SBU Stadium for bleacher runs to keep warm. Dale, Ira and I hit the Polk County back roads at lunch for a good mix of long efforts and big gear work (substitute for the gym this week). The weather was just about ideal for fall riding. Going to catch the last half of Jake's workout today (6 x 1 mile repeats). Ian and I have basketball practice tonight, to which is he looking forward.

Speaking of XC, Coach Bandy continues to increase the loaded workouts on them as the season is mid-way and taper is still a couple weeks away. He has them going to a small meet (avoiding a large one to keep from crushing them mentally) this weekend just to get in a race as their legs have been dragging for a while now. Looking at the schools attending this could be the weekend Jake pops his first win; we'll have to see though.

I am becoming more and more a fan of Hulu. No longer do I need to DVR or stay up for Conan's openers.

Although I haven't mentioned The Mole in a while he is still doing his thing (making little runs and no mounds) and I continue to step down his runs and leave the bleach on the shelf. I do keep a keen eye and will take down the SOM if given the chance; believe me, I will (braaaaaaahhhhhh).

No comments:

Post a Comment