Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not Heading North and Bleach

Screw it, I can't find a travel partner (3hrs each way) so I am skipping the Bearcat. While it is the first race of the year for MO it's not really considered the season opener; that's Hermann Under The Lights (next weekend) so it's not too big of a loss. There were just a handful of things that had me less than motivated to go. New saddle didn't make it in, still no Blue, two hammer sessions this week had my legs feeling worked over; excuses I know, but there you have it. Next week I start doing my interval workouts on Wednesday (once a week) since we'll be racing most weekends there on. I'm thinking either a good 2hr mtb session at Sac today or a 'practice race' type workout at SBU this evening.

Yesterday afternoon Dale and I cruised a 2hr road ride; good ride around the north parts of Polk County. Deb got in a good one with Marla when I got back. Jake went over to a friend's house for an '8 track tape party' and E-ball and I watched the USC/OSU game at my brother's house. Deb got an entire evening of peace and tranquility; watched a couple 'chick' movies and did a bunch of nothing (good for her).

So my neighbor swore up and down that bleach will get rid of The Mole (not kill him, but run him off - bummer as I wanted a slow and painful one for him) and I figured it was some wives' tale and not worth bothering with. Turns out it is working. Pour a little in a run and he hasn't revisited the same. Here's the interesting thing, he is moving to new places, but it is continually creeping toward my edge of the property. He keeps running and I keep pouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment