Thursday, September 10, 2009

Race Day #2

XC #2 is this afternoon at Carthage. This is a huge meet with a super tough course (only one I have seen harder is Jeff City state course) and looks like Jake will be the sole varsity runner for the boys squad (with the others running JV). We chatted a little this morning and he was in pretty good spirits.

Yesterday evening after work Deb and I (Ian with us) went over to our church's 150 year birthday block party and worked the dunking booth (not in it, just handed out balls). E-ball ran around with his crew. Pretty fun time with super good local music (I could listen to Jeremy and Kim forever). Got home and Ian and I played several games of YCSMDCB (You Can't Stop Me Driveway Championship Basketball); he came out on top. Jake got home from his pre-race pasta feed and took is nice and easy the rest of the evening. I grabbed a Red Box (I Love You Man) and Deb kicked back on the couch while I snagged an hour of easy spinning on the trainer while watching (felt like winter time as it has been a long time since last on the going-nowhere-machine). Pretty decent flick and would recommend with a 'yup, not too bad' rating.

Early AM crit style intervals (3 x 15min with 5min rest between) at SBU with Ira. Weird weather as it initially felt cool(ish), but once the HR jumped up turned humid/soupy; not complaining, just odd.

Still no word on the Blue. I do have the pleasure (not) of seeing teammates posting pics and reviews of their new frame buildups so I got that going for me. Bearcast 'Cross in this Sunday in Hermann and I am on the fence about going; watching the expenses, but dying to get it going. I am not trying to peak for a particular race later on as I have no chance at winning my masters division at MO State or probably the 3's, so I plan just to hit each one as hard as possible and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment