Thursday, April 16, 2009

Busy Day of Sports

Jake is running at his only home meet tonight (4x800, open 800, 4x400) with 12 teams showing up; pretty decent sized event. He is not looking forward to the pain, but knows it is temporary and tomorrow starts rehab. Supposed to be pretty nice weather today (mid-60's and light breeze).

Ian has a double-header at The Courts (basketball).

Tilled up our garden at lunch and got the blackberry shoots planted; special thanks to Dale, the Eddy Mercy of gardening, for the blackberries. Deb will start dropping in the onions, spinach, and other greens this weekend. Take a look at that big-boy tiller - Troybuilt! Thanks to my father-in-law for letting me keep it at the casa. That thing is like a SPR Cat 1 at Cross Nationals - wants to beat on something for no reason.

Deb will be able to catch the 4x800 before running to SPR with Ian and hopefully she will make it back in time for the 4x400. I am staying in Bolivar to get some video footage of our jumpers and watch Jake. I video at practice (and meets) so the jumpers can actually see the instruction and it has worked out pretty good. After meets I edit film for each athlete so we know what to focus on at practice. I am expecting good things from a couple jumpers today (a couple of the others are having trouble with some mechanics).

A total rest day on the fitness side. Feeling the last two days in my legs (in a good way) and hopefully will get in a nice 2hr spin on Friday and a light mtb ride on Saturday at Sac Rive Trails before racing Sunday. I really like my race schedule for this year with mtb'ing (for fun and bike handling skills) this spring/early summer, moving to some crits early summer/summer, all leading up to a focused cross season this fall/winter. I am the first one to say I am in no way a good mtb'er, but it is a lot of fun and it's helping my handling skills for cross.

2 comments:

  1. What Ferry said!

    Wish I would have know he had a home meet Ii would have come up & watched. I like watching me some track. Comes from all the years running in circles I guess. I've even got Mia to watch it on the boob tube. Let me know if Jake has any meets in the SPR so I can come watch.

    Cat 1 joke was classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Facebook has sucked up all my time and I've let my blog go... Where are you racing on Sunday?? Hope Jake is feeling better and he had a successful track meet yesterday!

    ReplyDelete