Friday, April 10, 2009

Felt Like a Saturday

Fun day so far (considering it is raining again and in the lower 40s). Deb slept in while I ran Ian to school while Jake got to get a little extra sleep (that's really not a fair statement as he had morning practice at 5:30am) as he had a sports massage lined up at 9am. Jake was heard through the walls yelling for mercy as a deep tissue massage worked out months of knots in his legs and hit a little ultra-sound on the tendinitis. At the conclusion he thought it was good, but painful, and hopefully this will help with his lower pain. Dropped him off at school, got back home, and Deb and I ran to SPR to get her some 'cruise' clothes and I was shopped mtb shoes. I found what I would like (Specialized S-works) and she found what she needed. Ended the trip with a quick stop to Fudruckers. Got back to Bolivar around 2:30 so I ran over to track practice (school was 1/2 day) and watched the jumpers doing sprint work, as it was too nasty to do any jump work today. Got home and Ian and I went to battle at Madden '08 and so far we are tied 1 to 1 games today. Had a fun supper with the crew (and Steven, Jake's best friend) and am going to watch 7 Pounds tonight.


Back to the shoes: I have needed to replace my Answer mtb's as they are ripping in two places (one being the ratchet system). I have researched several models and it came down to Shimano or Specialized. I know, I know, most are asking 'why not the standard - Sidi?' Simple, rode them on the road for a couple years and they don't fit my feet as well as others. Went to some local shops and tried on the S-works and Shimano 300s and the S-works are the one's I am going with. While I thought about them in white, I made the smart choice and am going black/grey/silver (sorry Keller).

Fitness: Enjoyed another rest day (kind of rare to have two in a row) as the motivation to ride soggy and cold outside wasn't there. Riding to my parent's home tomorrow (spending Easter weekend there), which will get me around 80 miles. Will be my longest ride this year (which I don't mind after countless hours last year for AR'ing and LOTOJA); it is supposed to be in the 60s. Talked to Chad today and he said it was 96* in my old stomping grounds of San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment