Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Riding Outside...


For weather and family schedules it seems I have not been able to ride very much actually on the road. Well that changed this afternoon!

I played an hour of hoops at noon and at 5pm I was OUTSIDE on my cross bike (with the roadie tires on). I was beautiful with little wind and just a hint of crispness in the air. I got in a solid 2 1/2 hours and wished it could have been a couple more. With the upcoming Roubiax race this weekend it was only fitting that I hit some of the less traveled backroads of Polk County and got my sampling of bouncing around, but you know, who cares, I was outside with a smile on my face. Anytime I can get a 3+hr day in mid-week is a bonus; especially with this Friday off of work and hopefully a 4hr day on the cross bike again (there is a section in SE Polk County that I have never explored and needs to be ridden).

I got home just in time to kiss Deb goodbye as she was heading out with a friend for a power walk (that ended up kicking her butt as her friend is significantly longer legged) and play a Wednesday Night World Champion best of 3 series of b-ball with Ian. The little man had to go down after taking it to me the last two series we played and tonight I walked away with the crown. Ian says the Championship series is now tied 5 win apiece.

Tomorrow is a rest day and Jake's track meet in Aurora in the afternoon. He is still battling a little tendinitis, but after watching him in practice a couple times over the past 10 days it looks like his legs are over the ski trip and flowing pretty good. I hope he has a solid day tomorrow as he could use a little boost of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment