Friday, April 24, 2009

I Love Friday... Mornings

There are few things that let me know Spring and Summer are truly here then spending an early Friday morning with my mistress. While Deb is still sleeping and the sliver of light is just rising in the East, I slide out of bed, throw on my sexiest outfit, and spend 3 hrs with my girlfriend on the back roads where we are seldom seen. She knows exactly what I need and I know what makes her hum. Deb handles it pretty good as she knows this is what my soul and body needs... I love my Friday AM rides and looking to the next gets me through the work week.
Meet my LADIES:


Below is a picture of a project bike I did last year for Deb. I thought it turned out pretty sweet (as chick bikes go...).
My Friday morning ride is almost always done on cross bikes with Dale and Ira, but this morning I rolled out solo on the mtb with semi-slicks (more slick than semi, but you get the idea). There was a section of SE Polk County I had not explored so I headed south and 3:15hrs later I rolled back in. Low 60's and light winds made for a great morning. I ended up exploring a cut-through at the Pleasant Hope Conservation area; I had never been there and it has a couple of trails for hiking (all signs did not specify no biking). Nothing special, but always fun to find some new roads/trails for future reference.

One thing that is frustrating is the increase of road maintenance in Polk County. Chip and seal is going in all over and the number of quality dirt/gravel roads are becoming an endangered species. I know that progress is good, but not when it impedes on my cross routes; FREE MY GRAVEL! I soon will have to ride to Dallas, Dade, and/or Hickory just to find miles of the sweet stuff.

Thursday: After work headed down to track practice and worked with the jumpers until it was time to grab Ian and head to SPR for his basketball game. Jake had an orthodontist appointment earlier in the day so he and Deb did some shopping before meeting us at The Courts (Jake picked up some new kicks and shorts and is definitely styling much more than his old man ever did). Both Deb and Jake (seperately) said they had a great time just the two of them hanging out. I think Deb really misses 'little Jake' as he was a snuggler and loved to be near her as much as possible (but now it's teenage years and the hugs are getting fewer and fewer). Ian's game was another in the L column, but he continues to play super (although you can't tell him that because he wants to wins so bad that individual stats don't matter). Got back home, Ian hit the hay, and Deb, Jake, and I watched Survivor (while Jake rode the trainer for 45 min at low steady effort - recovery from the day before).

LBL this weekend and I'll go with Cunego (can't be wrong three times in a tow, can I...), A Colom - Katusha , and S. Sanchez - Euskaltel and dark horse is Iglinsky - Astana. Jani is hanging tough in Italy and will be interesting to see if he holds on to the lead tomorrow with Basso only 4sec back. Astana is a nutty strong group when stage racing (even if the don't support anyone other than LA and Levi). I like Kloden more and more; not for his performances, but his supportiveness to whomever is the strongest rider in every race.

Fitness: Thursday was all about the rest. Fairly easy spin for 3:15hrs this morning. Hopefully will have time this evening for Deb and I to hit the tandem for an hour.

Quick clip of Ian shooting a jumper just inside the 3-point line at The Courts last night; he barried two from that deep to start the game:

No comments:

Post a Comment