Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Saturday was pretty nice out so I got some yard work done, but it was a little too wet still to turn the garden (hope to get in by Wed or Thurs). I did get a section tilled where the blackberry bushes are going in. Jake and a handful of varsity tracksters headed to SPR for a radio interview on the Jock. He is so funny and got a good joke in on a friend of his on air.

Saturday afternoon we headed to my parent's home outside of Crane, MO. I rode my bike and Deb brought the boys down. We had a great visit and got to catch up on a BBC tv show my mom got us hooked on called 'As Time Goes By'. She has the full series on DVD so we watch a handful everytime we go down. Ian got to feed the cows and drive dad's big tractor and many games of chess were played. Jake is getting better and better, but still no match for his pop.

Sunday began early with a Sunrise quick service (followed by a huge breakfast) at my dad's church. Afterwards we returned home, regrouped, and went back for Sunday services. His church has grown so much since we went there and has quite a large group of active youths. My pop is a great preacher and his message (and the supporting worship from the youth performances) was a great reminder of the importance of this day to all christians; the simple fact that Christ carried all of MY sins to the cross so I could live eternally - what incredible selflessness just for me... The rest of the day was eating and hanging out with the crew (watching a the Masters and sneaking candy from Ian's basket). We got home late afternoon and after Amazing Race Deb and I watched 'The Bucket List'. Great weekend had by all. I love my parents.

Roubaix was pretty good, but I didn't particulary care for the finishing km's. I have no problem with Boonen winning as he was aggressive and had mechanicals (and falls) like others, but I would have loved to see him go the final 10k with Thor and Pozzato and watch how it would have played out. Kind of interesting to watch Silence continually miss out on the big ones (what am I saying... all of them!). George continued to be George; not at all his fault as the guy needs to come to peace that he will not win that event.

Fitness: Got a great ride to my parent's home on Saturday. The effort was steady and the weather was great (lower 60's and slight cross wind). We got home late afternoon and it continued to rain (in the mid 40's) so I mounted the indoor steed for a light spin a little over an hour while watching 'Bucket List' (enjoyable). I got my first spin in the new Specialized S-works mtb shoes and they are super sweet (fits like a glove). The BG shim effect was a little interesting to get used to, but I see benefits coming from it (although I never had knee issues in the past).

Had an active rest day and played basketball for 1 1/2hrs. Little bit of core/upper strength work tonight.

I am looking forward to racing this weekend, but forecast has it raining Saturday and Sunday so it might be another soggy affair - fine by me. I have never ridden at Neosho, but it sounds like it is fast and fun. Looking forward to seeing KC Harding if he makes it down (not sure if Bone Bender will be rained out).

No comments:

Post a Comment