Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Elvis (ok, maybe my Dad) Has Left the Building



Great news out of SPR; dad called this morning and he is heading home. He has some medication to take to keep the blood flowing easy, but other than that he is back to his regular routine in a couple days. What's the saying "can't keep a good man down"?

Yesterday was a bit out of the normal for our Monday. I picked up Ian from baseball practice and met Jake at the house to find out Ian's basketball practice (his last one of this season) was called off due to sick kids. We ate dinner and then tried to figure out plans with nothing of significance to do. As Deb would have guessed, that's right, headed to SBU and play so basketball. After a couple SBUWC (SBU World Championships) Ian and I watched some intramural dodge ball playoffs at the Multi. Ian thought is was the coolest thing he has seen in a while and I have to admit it was fun watching grown folks playing a youngster's game.

Got home in time to get the little man to bed and plopped down with Jake and caught a couple Monday night TV shows we like while I hand-washed dishes (couldn't figure out the dishwasher). Great evening and even got to bed extra early.

Giro has been fun to watch and I am not picking the early stages very good. I never thought Petachi would return to his old form, but so far he is dominate. 'The Killer' looked strong as this stage was made just for a powerful climber with a sprint. Lance and crew (more the crew than Lance) looked really solid today. Tomorrow will be a great one as the mountain top finish after today will sort out the pretenders and contenders. the Giro is so good about mixing stages up unlike the TdF where the first week is a snorer with the action finally picking up; not here, everyday is something of interests as even the sprint stages are super twisty and keeps you on the edge the whole way through. It is interesting keeping up with Basso, Lance, and Levi on Twitter and get their assessment of the stages (before and after). Horner is keeping this as pretty good day to day blog: http://blog.oregonlive.com/horner/

WARNING: The following is for my girl and our parent's can skip to the next paragraph

I am missing my woman! I love seeing her all day long at the office and even more at home. It just isn't as fun winking and hugging on Jim during business hours... (OK, let's just drop that image). Deb, if you get a chance to get out of the beach chair and catch up on home here is a link just for you (smile big as you know it's what I always play when you are coming up to my office): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoHgKcqag&feature=related Get home soon; we all miss you!

Fitness: 1 hour of great crit intervals (7 x 3.5min at speed) at SBU course this AM, lower body/core strength work at noon, and two hour light spin with Dale this PM (if it doesn't rain too much). I really blasted my legs with the first two sessions.




1 comment: