Saturday, May 9, 2009

Let The Boy's Week Begin!

So Deb left yesterday for her relaxing get-a-way with some girlfriends in the Caribbean and now it is pure testosterone at the Jones Casa (like it isn't that way most of the time anyway). Picked up Ian from after-school care (BASE) and the plan was to have Jake keep an eye on him while I grabbed a quick 2hr ride. For as crazy morning as the storms brought the afternoon was awesome and I didn't want to waste it. On the drive home Ian commented on the 2hr 'tornado drill' at school and how much fun it was. He also asked if I wanted to do some stuff with him when we got home since it was so nice out... I told I was going to enjoy the outdoors and instantly changed the plans. We got home and hit the backyard for some baseball. After Jake got home I made some quick dinner and the three of us headed off to an early movie (new Star Trek flick). We all enjoyed it and had a relaxing rest of the evening at home.

I am absolutely anal about getting my ride/training time, but who freaking cares if I scratch a couple days and make sure my boys know that they are my priority. I don't get paid to race or to raise my boys, but the later has so much return potential that I am not forfeiting deposits now (sounding like my bro at the 9-5).

Ian snugged in bed with me and we both fell asleep watching the NBA playoffs.

Woke up earlier than expected (6:30am) and hit a bunch of outside chores so that my morning would be clear for the Giro TTT. The shrubs and garden are looking good and little to no damage was done during yesterday's storm (except this new tree is slightly leaning now). My Iris are coming on nicely as are the Crepe Mertles:






Cleaned up and set down for a little web time, but could not get universalsports.com video to show the race. Finally found some coverage on RIA (Italian TV), but the speed rate was super slow and was not good watching. I paired it with cyclingnews.com text and got my fix (sort of) for the morning. Hoping to figure out/get better coverage going forward.

Speaking of the Giro: Seems like Cav was right in that Garmin's season began and ended today as they came up short to the 'other' American team. Astana put in a good ride as did LPR. Basso is already 27 sec down on Levi. Other cycling nose... I mean news, is that Tom B seems to like his candy and can't seem to kick the habit. I like watching him race, but he is falling in line with the others 'superstars of cycling'.

Ian has baseball practice at noon and then I am getting in a 2hr ride. After that we are heading to my parent's home until tomorrow afternoon. So where is Jake this morning (SEE PICTURE) at 11:30am?


DEB POST (instead of fitness): Finished all laundry and am folding periodically, ran all the dishes and tidied up kitchen, Ian's room is clean (who knows about Jake's), Ian got all meds, and changed out cat litter. I am on fire!


1 comment:

  1. Check out today's results. They have Levi & Basso finishing 13 seconds down.

    ReplyDelete