Thursday, May 21, 2009

When is 64oz of Anything Too Much?

You know those times when your eyes are bigger than your stomach, well I had one of those moments yesterday when I purchased a 64OZ SLURPEE. There I was at the machine and thought "you know, 32oz just isn't enough for my thirst so let's upgrade to the 44oz. But wait, 64oz is only and additional $.20 and how much bigger could it be?" That thing was huge, but much like suffering on the bike I 'slurped' through the pain and conquered.

A CANNON: Played a ton of baseball with Ian last night in the yard. I know I go on about his sports abilities, but I can't express enough how he effortlessly throws bullets over 20 and 30 yards dead on where I rarely have to move. I know kids who throw hard, but to do so with accuracy like his is SICK. His fielding is easily equal to his throwing. Sometimes I have to remind myself that he is only 8.

Jake had a K-Life pool party the entire evening.

Finished up with yard/garden work and all is looking good. Cilantro is ready for snipping; I love cilantro in just about everything.

Deb and I are taking the crew to see Night in the Museum this evening and looking forward to a restful, but busy weekend. Sectionals are tomorrow and our hj'er is seeded 3rd, but realistically 2nd. Jake and I are heading to Marshfield for most of the afternoon to watch.

Giro: Good action yesterday, but I thought the time gaps would be larger. Menchov was a beast and I thought Di Luca rode really well. Lance wasn't as bad as what I expected and looks to be gaining a little momentum, but we'll have to see when the serious climbs hit (my guess is he helps as long as possible for Levi, but other Astana guys like Janez and Checcu will be stronger). Biggest loser was Rogers (and Lovkist) by far; don't really count Saste as a loser as there was little expectations for him to be in the top. Today's stage was uneventful, but a good sprint at the end. Columbia made the Garmin kids look like ametures on the run in. Garmin was leading around 2k to go and the Columbia train (4 total) was moving up and one by one the Highroad boys literally moved each Garmin guy out of the way until they were pretty much all gone. Garmin kept trying to 'bump' their way back into the line, but Bosen Hagen and crew continued to 'bump' them back out... fun to watch.

Fitness: No cycling intervals for me yesterday as I got plenty during basketball at lunch. 1 1/2hrs of playing with several of the guys from SBU's team. Awesome games and incredible amount of exertions (every bit of interval training as on the bike). This morning was an incredible 2:25hr ride north of Bolivar for Jim J., Dale, and myself. Slightly cool at the beginning and comfortable by the end. Huge patches of fog in the valleys as the sun was coming up... great date with the mistress. I am towards the end of one of my better trainning weeks in a long time... legs are barking! Got in another 1:15 of basketball, but at an easier effort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment